Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

renting tasmania

renting tasmania

Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:07 am
sally-ann

sally ann baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Question renting tasmania

Hi wonder if anyone could help my husband is coming over in 3 weeks to look atTasmania andalso to look for work he isa painter/decorator and will need some where to rent I dont want to rent for 6 months in case he thinks it is not for us(been to perth last year and found out it was not for us) . So need some advice on short term rentals poss turning into a longer rental if ok.
Sally-Ann
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future
Default Re: renting tasmania

Originally Posted by sally ann baker
Hi wonder if anyone could help my husband is coming over in 3 weeks to look atTasmania andalso to look for work he isa painter/decorator and will need some where to rent I dont want to rent for 6 months in case he thinks it is not for us(been to perth last year and found out it was not for us) . So need some advice on short term rentals poss turning into a longer rental if ok.
Sally-Ann
Hi have just noticed your thread and wondered if you had any responses, if not should bump you up to the top again. I was just about to ask the same question!!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:41 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Hi i am moving to Tassy in a few weeks time. If i can find out any thing for you i will. I am going to Burnie if that helps.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Hi i am moving to Tassy in a few weeks time. If i can find out any thing for you i will. I am going to Burnie if that helps.
i have some links to Tas rental agencies in my blog.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Cool thanks Lenmil that would be a great help. Good luck with the move, maybe will meet you at the meet up being arranged for begin dec!

Ian & Helena will look at your blog again to get the info and will PM you again if ok if I find any other questions.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:24 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Cool thanks Lenmil that would be a great help. Good luck with the move, maybe will meet you at the meet up being arranged for begin dec!

Ian & Helena will look at your blog again to get the info and will PM you again if ok if I find any other questions.

Yes that's fine, ask any thing. Found this showing Burnie from the air.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ediafilter=all
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

tvomp is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also moving to Tasmania. I'll advise the following link and ask any querry. People in the forum are very nice
http://www.the-remembrance-place.com.../yabb2/YaBB.pl
Thanks
TVOMP
Originally Posted by Bishop3912

Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

tvomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is another link of a-z of Tasmania.
http://www.tas.gov.au/tasmaniaonline/

Gursharan
Yes that's fine, ask any thing. Found this showing Burnie from the air.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ediafilter=all
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Wahaaay the brits are invading Tas AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

So are we!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:22 am

Boy oh boy trying to book flights is a pain. They keep changing the times and the prices. So far Emirates seem the best, looked at Quantas too. Any ideas any one.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Boy oh boy trying to book flights is a pain. They keep changing the times and the prices. So far Emirates seem the best, looked at Quantas too. Any ideas any one.
We got ours through Travel Mood cos like you I had trouble doing my own search. I couldn't find a flight from Sing to Mel. Anyway they thought out of the box for us and sorted us a flight going the other way via LA and adult ticket from Heathrow to Mel going via LA is only £568.00, plus you automatically get 46kg luggage allowance. So now we are having a holiday in LA, our little one is 3.5 so he'll love Disney. I'm really looking forward to it!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
We got ours through Travel Mood cos like you I had trouble doing my own search. I couldn't find a flight from Sing to Mel. Anyway they thought out of the box for us and sorted us a flight going the other way via LA and adult ticket from Heathrow to Mel going via LA is only £568.00, plus you automatically get 46kg luggage allowance. So now we are having a holiday in LA, our little one is 3.5 so he'll love Disney. I'm really looking forward to it!
Kerry

That sounds like a good route, will remember that if our time ever comes!
How long now til you go? Must be soon, how exciting!

Sammy
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Kerry

That sounds like a good route, will remember that if our time ever comes!
How long now til you go? Must be soon, how exciting!

Sammy
Don't worry your time will come!!

We have to be out of our house next Fri
We fly out on 24th Sept. Staying up in Bridlington E. Yorks till then so Duncan can say goodbye to his folks. I have already experienced some good byes and they are not pleasant It is really sad saying goodbye to everyone, I didn't realise it would affect me this badly. I only hope that I missing F and F gets easier as time gets on.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:07 pm

Wow thank's for that. Well i will be saying a few good byes again. The last time was 3 years ago when we went to NZ. Now i have to do it all again. Can't sleep much either, again. Looks like i will be away on my Birthday, first time ever from my family. Oh the joys.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Don't worry your time will come!!

We have to be out of our house next Fri
We fly out on 24th Sept. Staying up in Bridlington E. Yorks till then so Duncan can say goodbye to his folks. I have already experienced some good byes and they are not pleasant It is really sad saying goodbye to everyone, I didn't realise it would affect me this badly. I only hope that I missing F and F gets easier as time gets on.
Blimey. it really is getting close now.
I don't live near to any family and never have so only get to see them every few months which will make it easier but I bet I won't find so easy when it actually comes to the last visit and actually having to say goodbye, instead of just talking about it.
Have you got somewhere to stay? When we look at rental props there doesn't seem to be much family sized accomodation around, especially, ones that will take pets - another reason why our dog may have to stay behind, trying not to think about that at the moment, even though she is very young and will probably settle quickly and we've even had several offers for her already. If was just up to me, she would come but OH not keen at all.
Keep in touch, best of luck with yuor last few weeks.
Sammy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.