Reload this Page >

Renting with pets

Renting with pets

Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:33 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting with pets

Hi all

Looking at previous threads, I understand that quite a lot of aussies hate cats for one reason or another. As we will be coming over with 2 cats, I'm a bit worried about the availability of rental properties with pets. Are they few and far between? Or am I worrying for nothing? Has anybody had problems finding properties?

Theresa
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Landlords here are the same as in Britain. They do not want pets.

Anyway I had better shut up or I will get cat rage again.

Bloody selfish animals.

Kill kill
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:54 am
Adelaide here we come

Originally posted by bondipom
Landlords here are the same as in Britain. They do not want pets.

Anyway I had better shut up or I will get cat rage again.

Bloody selfish animals.

Kill kill

Don't be a w____er all your life!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:03 am

Look I hate cats along with a lot of people. I worry about people who feel they have a right to abuse because they do not agree with someone.

Another thing is landlords hate pets. Just because you do not like that doesn't mean you have to start abusing me.

Anyway where is the mag and toilet tissue.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:12 am
Adelaide here we come

Cut the wholier than thou crap! If you hate cats that's fine, don't wind up cat lovers. This is a serious question from a serious cat lover! In answer to your previous reply Britain isn't as bad, for starters we don't have to lock up our pets at night! Britain is a nation of cat lovers!

In ancient times cats were treated as gods, and were protected by law as well! Whoever killed a cat was condemned to death! Pity it isn't the same now!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:13 am
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I love cats Bondipom

But I also loved your reply LOL

Last edited by Surfer Chick; Oct 10th 2003 at 8:30 am.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:20 am

Originally posted by kittenlips
Cut the wholier than thou crap! If you hate cats that's fine, don't wind up cat lovers. This is a serious question from a serious cat lover! In answer to your previous reply Britain isn't as bad, for starters we don't have to lock up our pets at night! Britain is a nation of cat lovers!

In ancient times cats were treated as gods, and were protected by law as well! Whoever killed a cat was condemned to death! Pity it isn't the same now!
Well we have the wheel now and the world has moved on. Cat lovers seem to be so wound up with their cats that they do not realise that there are those that do not like them that much out there. I am British so I know how much of a nation of animal lovers we are.

The same attititude carries on out here but as in Britain landlords do not like pets. Not every pet is a problem but they can cause damage. You might find a sympathetic landlord but most leases have a no pet policy.

I think you meant holier than though and you appear to be very easily wound up. Stress of it all getting to you?
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down, Calm down.
Keep it friendly now.

May I make a small suggestion here?

Kittenlips is asking a question about her cats, and I should imagine, is very concerned about moving them and their future.

You B, do not like cats or anything to do with cats. Therefore, may I suggest that to calm things down a bit, you leave this thread and leave it to people who do/or have had cats and are in the same position so that they may give her some unbiased advice.

I see that your advice about renting with pets will more than likely be correct as here in the UK, but the personal thing about cats may not help here.

I do not want to get into any CAT FIGHTS here, but just wanted to calm down the situation.

Whisky
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:28 am
Adelaide here we come

Well we have the wheel now and the world has moved on. Cat lovers seem to be so wound up with their cats that they do not realise that there are those that do not like them that much out there. I am British so I know how much of a nation of animal lovers we are.

The same attititude carries on out here but as in Britain landlords do not like pets. Not every pet is a problem but they can cause damage. You might find a sympathetic landlord but most leases have a no pet policy.

I think you meant holier than though and you appear to be very easily wound up. Stress of it all getting to you?

Hi Bondi

Just want to apologise for swearing at you earlier. I don't normally abuse people this early in the morning! I am a bit wound up at the moment but not about this process. I am currently undergoing a stressful IVF cycle and unfortunately my body is pumped full of hormones which I have no control over! You weren't helping!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:34 am

Originally posted by whisky
Calm down, Calm down.
Keep it friendly now.

May I make a small suggestion here?

Kittenlips is asking a question about her cats, and I should imagine, is very concerned about moving them and their future.

You B, do not like cats or anything to do with cats. Therefore, may I suggest that to calm things down a bit, you leave this thread and leave it to people who do/or have had cats and are in the same position so that they may give her some unbiased advice.

I see that your advice about renting with pets will more than likely be correct as here in the UK, but the personal thing about cats may not help here.

I do not want to get into any CAT FIGHTS here, but just wanted to calm down the situation.

Whisky
My input is as someone who is renting and signs and reads the leases. You are very right that my dislike of cats may discredit the advice but hopefully most will take it the right way as I do not go round harming cats.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:40 am

Originally posted by kittenlips
Hi Bondi

Just want to apologise for swearing at you earlier. I don't normally abuse people this early in the morning! I am a bit wound up at the moment but not about this process. I am currently undergoing a stressful IVF cycle and unfortunately my body is pumped full of hormones which I have no control over! You weren't helping!
As they say here

Sorry if I offended you. As they say here no worries . We all have our moments and I appreciate the apology.

All the best with the IVF and I hope you have some bundles of joy coming your way. I find just the thought of kids stressful and I could not possibly understand what you are going through.

As ever Whisky is the calming sensible member of this forum and thanks for the intervention.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

My input is as someone who is renting and signs and reads the leases. You are very right that my dislike of cats may discredit the advice but hopefully most will take it the right way as I do not go round harming cats.

Well looks as though Kittenlips has apologised for her outburst, and you don't harm any little pussies, so I will butt out of this one now. Just wanted you both to be friends again.

There have been a lot of people take their cats kittenlips, and I am sure that someone will help.

We are taking a little dog (no abuse please) and will be looking for rental for a few months, so we will be in the same boat, but if it helps, my brother moved up from Albany to Mandurah and rented for 6 months with his 2 dogs and didn't have a problem with it.

Whisky
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:55 am
Adelaide here we come

Originally posted by whisky
Well looks as though Kittenlips has apologised for her outburst, and you don't harm any little pussies, so I will butt out of this one now. Just wanted you both to be friends again.

There have been a lot of people take their cats kittenlips, and I am sure that someone will help.

We are taking a little dog (no abuse please) and will be looking for rental for a few months, so we will be in the same boat, but if it helps, my brother moved up from Albany to Mandurah and rented for 6 months with his 2 dogs and didn't have a problem with it.

Whisky

Thanks Whisky

You have at least marginally reassured me! Bondis right you do have a calming influence
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:57 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Whisky,
I remember watching a program about renting in Oz (can't remember the name of it though) and the man in question had a dog. Some landlords refused out right - as is there right, but he found a few places that he liked that would also take pets.

He took his woth him, to show how good the dog was and that put alot of fears about the dog to rest.

I'm sure that finding a home witha a couple of cats won't be a problem for kittenlips. (& I believe that they keep the spiders down.)

Have a look at the link below, even flat mates can have pets and there is a link for renting;

http://www.flatmates.com.au/

And there's even a box for children

Bye all
Markeh
Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Kittenlips

We brought our 2 siamese with us, it was a little harder to find a rental property that would accept pets, our contract states that if the cats do any damage we have to pay for the repairs and get rid of the cats. We think this is fair as the property is new and an investment for the owner.
When you get here just check the property papers, ask the landlord, some advertise pets ok, some don't.
Don't worry about it to much you will be ok.

Colin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.