Reload this Page >

Renting in Perth

Renting in Perth

Old Oct 20th 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

The Wests is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting in Perth

Hi Everyone,
I am renting a holiday home for two weeks when we arrive in Perth but I am really worried as I hear there is a shortage of unfurnished rental accomodation over there. Terrified i am going to make my family homeless!!! has anybody managed to arrange anything whilst still in the UK. If so how did you go about it. all advice gratefully recieved.
Andrea
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all
Default Re: Renting in Perth

Whatever you do dont rent it from the uk some of the rentals in perth are shocking.

We have been here 15 months and when we arrived we had a holiday home for 3 weeks, we got jobs bought cars and looked at around 20 rentals before we found one that we liked and we did it all in 2 weeks.

Dont do what lots of people do rent anything for 6 months then find they hate it and end up rushing into to buying a house its hard enough moving out here without that.

we found a great place rented for 12 months have signed for another 12 months and just bought a piece of land to build Im glad we took our time and having a nice rental made it so much easier to settle look around and enjoy life and decide where we wanted to live.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:37 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Wests
Hi Everyone,
I am renting a holiday home for two weeks when we arrive in Perth but I am really worried as I hear there is a shortage of unfurnished rental accomodation over there. Terrified i am going to make my family homeless!!! has anybody managed to arrange anything whilst still in the UK. If so how did you go about it. all advice gratefully recieved.
Andrea
Hi Andrea,

You'll have a lot to do in the first 2 weeks, especially if you are trying to find an unfurnished rental too. The way the rental market works over here is that you see a property you like, either on realestate.com.au, reiwa.com, domain.com.au(or other) or calling the local realty agents up every morning & asking if they have any new rentals. Then they arrange a time & day when the property is open for all viewers to inspect & then people who like it can submit an application(which will cost you - amount of the first weeks rent I think?) so if you put in 3 applications & get accepted for all 3 & have to turndown 2 of them you will lose those payments!(probably an etreme case) You can do it but you are putting yourself under a lot of pressure You will have to be very definate about where you want to stay.

Anyway, hope this helps you get an understanding on how the rentals work over here, See you in January

Chris

Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:04 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Wests
Hi Everyone,
Andrea
When and where are you headed? I've got a really nice house in Secret Harbour (large patio, freshly painted, reverse cycle air con) that'll be ready in January when we move into our new home - Yay!!!

PM me for details / photos, if anyone is interested.

Jules x
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:06 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by julesandco
When and where are you headed? I've got a really nice house in Secret Harbour (large patio, freshly painted, reverse cycle air con) that'll be ready in January when we move into our new home - Yay!!!

PM me for details / photos, if anyone is interested.

Jules x
Hi Jules,

Send us a quick photo just out of interest.

Cheers Carol
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:23 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mabozar
Hi Jules,

Send us a quick photo just out of interest.

Cheers Carol
I don't know how to PM photos, so here's a few on here (don't do it justice really!).

We're a ten minute walk from the beach and Secret Harbour now has a lot of amenities (Woolies, Dr, State Swim, surf beach, liquor store) - with more on the way, like a petrol station and a new 'resort'.

Anyone interested, feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you.

Jules x
Attached Thumbnails Renting in Perth-dsc05081.jpg   Renting in Perth-imgp2568.jpg  

Last edited by julesandco; Oct 21st 2007 at 3:35 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:26 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

I don't know how to PM photos, so here's a few on here (don't do it justice really!).

We're a ten minute walk from the beach and Secret Harbour now has a lot of amenities - with more on the way.

Anyone interested, feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you.

Jules x
Hi Jules,

On where?

Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Jules,

On where?

Wait for it..... I clicked submit before I uploaded the pictures! It's late OK?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:30 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Wait for it..... I clicked submit before I uploaded the pictures! It's late OK?

Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:35 pm

Taa Dah!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:38 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Taa Dah!

Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:40 pm

Look at the post with the missing pictures...... keep up please
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:42 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Look at the post with the missing pictures...... keep up please
Ah!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:46 pm

Ah!
Where's the rental you're waiting to hear about?

Fingers crossed!

Jules x
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:56 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

V nice, took me 10 mins to d/load 1 pic though on my crappy connection, nice big patio area

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.