Reload this Page >

Renting in Parramatta area

Renting in Parramatta area

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Daz66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Renting in Parramatta area

Hi folks

I am a UK paramedic and will be working for NSW ambo later this year, can anyone give me any info about areas in & around paramataa that are ok for property rental - need somewhere quiet cos bringing furry kids with us.

Cheers Daz

p.s. hope your weather a bit warmer than here in blighty ?!?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Colchester, Essex but hope to head to Bulli / Thirroul area.....
Bubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really nice
Default Re: Renting in Parramatta area

Originally Posted by Daz66
Hi folks

I am a UK paramedic and will be working for NSW ambo later this year, can anyone give me any info about areas in & around paramataa that are ok for property rental - need somewhere quiet cos bringing furry kids with us.

Cheers Daz

p.s. hope your weather a bit warmer than here in blighty ?!?
I worked at Westmead Hospital (A&E nurse) and I am sure that you will be more than familiar with that place when you start!!!!!! It's actually the best public I worked at in Sydney - loved it....
That said for families you might find the Hills District worth a look. Nice suburban area with plenty of families and plenty of greenery
Nowhere near a beach but if you will get work for the Parramatta ambos
Put a post up here being specific to the Hills District as I didn't have children at that point so can't help re schools etc - all the nurses who I worked with who did have kids lived in that area so it must be worth a look........
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,

We're about half an hour from Parramatta (which for here is quite close) & until recently worked near there..... What kind of commuting distance are you looking for? Will you be driving or using public transport?

Places I can think of off the top of my head are Greystanes, Rydalmere & Ermington......I know these have good bus links in to Parra. You could also look along the route of the T-ways.

Good luck
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks alot for your reply re : rental in & around parramatta, we would certainly be looking to use public transport as much as possible, as from previous experience of oz - publiic transport doesn't suck unlike in the UK.

Thanks alot we'll be googling the suburbs you've mentioned - Daz
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bubsblooms
I worked at Westmead Hospital (A&E nurse) and I am sure that you will be more than familiar with that place when you start!!!!!! It's actually the best public I worked at in Sydney - loved it....
That said for families you might find the Hills District worth a look. Nice suburban area with plenty of families and plenty of greenery
Nowhere near a beach but if you will get work for the Parramatta ambos
Put a post up here being specific to the Hills District as I didn't have children at that point so can't help re schools etc - all the nurses who I worked with who did have kids lived in that area so it must be worth a look........
Thanks alot for your help, greenery sounds great especially for our furry kids ( dogs ).No children so schools not important. Daz
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hills District is nice, green, lots of good amenities etc but if you want to live near a train line, yet close to Parramatta in a "reputable" area, then I'd suggest going for a drive when you get here to decide for yourself. Lots of suburbs but not all them the nicest if you know what I mean.

Closest I'd recommend would be Carlingford and Epping areas.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jacque
Hills District is nice, green, lots of good amenities etc but if you want to live near a train line, yet close to Parramatta in a "reputable" area, then I'd suggest going for a drive when you get here to decide for yourself. Lots of suburbs but not all them the nicest if you know what I mean.

Yeah Epping looks nice from what I have seen driving through it.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jacque

Hi & thanks for that info, visited parramatta on train & know what you mean. In the surrounding area what's Lidcombe like?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

We own a unit in parramatta on the granville side. we rent it out as its a bit crappy an area . i would aim for north parramatta ....much better.

my wifes parents live in carlingford and its nice, but like the hills district it seems public transport sucks.
also i find the hills district is a little quiet!

if your kids are older then i would recommend somewhere with a good train line like epping. also there are places nearer city like burwood, strathfield (which is getting better).
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Daz66
Hi & thanks for that info, visited parramatta on train & know what you mean. In the surrounding area what's Lidcombe like?
Very multicultural and has lots of older houses, in amongst new builds that look very odd in some streets! Best to go for a drive yourself when you arrive
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wombatboy
We own a unit in parramatta on the granville side. we rent it out as its a bit crappy an area . i would aim for north parramatta ....much better.

my wifes parents live in carlingford and its nice, but like the hills district it seems public transport sucks.
also i find the hills district is a little quiet!

if your kids are older then i would recommend somewhere with a good train line like epping. also there are places nearer city like burwood, strathfield (which is getting better).
Cheers thanx alot