Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

renting out of school catchment area

renting out of school catchment area

Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:08 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default renting out of school catchment area

were looking to rent in an area that does not seem to have many rentals..do you have to live within a mile or so of the school (state),like here in the u.k?

thanks..

ast...
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: renting out of school catchment area

Originally Posted by aston man
were looking to rent in an area that does not seem to have many rentals..do you have to live within a mile or so of the school (state),like here in the u.k?

thanks..

ast...

Yep..........and you have to provide written evidence that you are renting in the catchment.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 8:19 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

thanks..

ast...
if this is the case

i would approach the school, tell them you will be renting in the area within the next couple of weeks,
your from overseas etc etc etc

It depends upon the school and its subscription as to whether you need to provide proof from the start!

Up here,(where i am) once in a school, you dont have to move them if you move out of the catchment area!
As i know for a fact!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:58 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

thanks..

ast...
No, you pay your money and your in, simple.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
No, you pay your money and your in, simple.
Not in a public school. Out of interest do all public schools in Perth have catchment areas ?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 1:18 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Yep..........and you have to provide written evidence that you are renting in the catchment.
They were quite strict when we came over. Even though we had bought land in the suburb, we weren't allowed to enrole the kids until we had either a signed builder's contract or a lease agreement.

All schools are different I should imagine; our kids school was exceptionally full at the time.

I'd email or phone the school and ask for their own regulations.

Good luck!

Jules x
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:03 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Not in a public school. Out of interest do all public schools in Perth have catchment areas ?
Ah, missed that on forst reading.

In this case I would not know the answer as my kids attend a private school where the rubber dollar rules.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:35 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

My kid's school has a map on the wall and we had to point out where we live and then show our rental agreement to prove it.

What area you looking at?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:21 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalSa
My kid's school has a map on the wall and we had to point out where we live and then show our rental agreement to prove it.

What area you looking at?
didn't have to do any of that

i think it depends on the area and subscription to the school
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:38 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alan and sam
didn't have to do any of that

i think it depends on the area and subscription to the school
Yeah maybe
Last week there were 20 new enrolments and this week 3 more
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Hi

Sorry for hijacking the thread but we are due to arrive in Secret Harbour beginning of June. We have accommodation already organised and need a Senior School for our 15 year old and I think a primary for our 12 year old (12 on 3 May). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Nicky
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:27 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi

Sorry for hijacking the thread but we are due to arrive in Secret Harbour beginning of June. We have accommodation already organised and need a Senior School for our 15 year old and I think a primary for our 12 year old (12 on 3 May). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Nicky
get stuck in nick,wish i could help
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

get stuck in nick,wish i could help
Thanks for your reply, I think you are right. Just go for it
Old May 1st 2007, 4:47 am
Love it here!

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi

Nicky
Hi Nicky

My 14 (nearly 15) year old goes to the Football Academy at Safety Bay Senior High. Also got a 13 year old in year 9 at Comet Bay College and after a shaky start has finally settled in, but that only goes up to year 9 at the mo.
I think Warnbro High will be the nearest for your older son. Speak to little bear as her son goes there!
Secret Harbour Primary and Comet Bay Primary are both good

Keep in touch when you arrive
Old May 1st 2007, 5:43 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=alan and sam;4712648]i would approach the school, tell them you will be renting in the area within the next couple of weeks,
your from overseas etc etc etcQUOTE]

That worked for us too. People are generally very trusting out here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.