Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renth - how is your daughter's white tail bite ?

Wikiposts

Renth - how is your daughter's white tail bite ?

Old Aug 23rd 2003, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Renth - how is your daughter's white tail bite ?

Has it healed ? Has it developed necrosis ? Please give us an update.

:scared:
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 12:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renth - how is your daughter's white tail bite ?

Originally posted by Sunlover
Has it healed ? Has it developed necrosis ? Please give us an update.

:scared:
Hi there, thanks for asking.

The doctor (when she eventually got to see one) prescribed anti-biotic ointment and the wound never opened up, thank God.

There is a bruise/patch where the bite was about the size of a 50c coin.

I must admit, I nearly shat myself when I the doctor said it was a spider bite but I guess that's taking the rough with the smooth when you live in Oz...
Old Aug 24th 2003, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth

The doctor (when she eventually got to see one) prescribed anti-biotic ointment and the wound never opened up, thank God.

I must admit, I nearly shat myself when I the doctor said it was a spider bite but I guess that's taking the rough with the smooth when you live in Oz...
Now that is good news.......
Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by renth

Glad to hear it ! Was the Dr. sure that it was a white tail ? Why did it take so long to see the Dr ??
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunlover
Glad to hear it ! Was the Dr. sure that it was a white tail ? Why did it take so long to see the Dr ??
The Dr seemed pretty sure.

We didn't know what it was so my wife rang the doctors and they told her to come along and she would be seen straight away.

One hour later she had to go without seeing the Dr. as friends were looking after the other 2 kids.

Next time the only 2 doctors available couldn't see my daughter because they were pregnant and she had a "rash".

So it was third time lucky a good few days after the initial bite.