Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rentals in Sydney......through the roof!

Rentals in Sydney......through the roof!

Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rentals in Sydney......through the roof!

OK here is the deal, 4 years ago in Gymea (Sutherland Shire) I rented a gorgeous 2 bed flat for $240.00 per week, last year in July 2010 the very same flat came up and was up for rent for $380.00.........way out of my league.

Today I rent an OK'ish 2 bed flat in the same Shire for $310.00 per week..............(oldish, needs new kitchen and bathroom but OK for the area) I told the real estate I am going back to live in the UK and have to break my 12 month lease, they phoned me today and told me the flat was on the net and could people come and look at it on Thursday.

I just checked tonight and the rent for this very same flat is now $350.00 per week.....this is just crazy!!!

The rents here are going up far more than the pay rises............

Thank God I am off to the UK in 25 more sleeps.

Discuss........or not.............
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:04 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Rentals in Sydney......through the roof!

I'm just glad I bought my own house.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

comingsoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rentals in Sydney......through the roof!

Glad I am heading for Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:15 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rentals in Sydney......through the roof!

Originally Posted by comingsoon
Glad I am heading for Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can rent go up $40.00 in such a short time? I only moved in here in mid July!!!

I don't know the % as my calculator is broken but that is one hell of an increase in less than 7 months............

Last edited by Beedubya; Feb 1st 2011 at 5:50 pm.