Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rentals in Perth

Rentals in Perth

Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: South Yorkshire next stop Perth (but open to suggestions)
SarahA will become famous soon enough
Default Rentals in Perth

Hey!

It may have been asked before sorry

But I was wondering if anyone could give any tips on places around Perth which are 1) easy to get to, good transport links to the centre 2) not to expensive in rental prices and 3) by the coast!

I have looked at a map and picked out some places, but I thought I would hopefully get some local people who live in Perth to give me any ideas

We have been looking at Secret Harbour...

Thank you in advance
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rentals in Perth

Originally Posted by SarahA
Hey!

But I was wondering if anyone could give any tips on places around Perth which are 1) easy to get to, good transport links to the centre 2) not to expensive in rental prices and 3) by the coast!

I have looked at a map and picked out some places, but I thought I would hopefully get some local people who live in Perth to give me any ideas

Thank you in advance
What other places apart from Secret Harbour have you looked at?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bobcat
What other places apart from Secret Harbour have you looked at?
We've been looking at Scarborough and Mindaire, but having hardly any experience out there, I would prefer to look at places which have what we need really
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

We've been looking at Scarborough and Mindaire, but having hardly any experience out there, I would prefer to look at places which have what we need really
You will really need to come over and have a good look for yourself because each and everyone of us have very different tastes.

I have several friends and some relatives too who live in Secret Harbour and love it there. I avoid visiting them when i can because Secret Harbour is such a long haul down there.............. and for what?

Loads of BE members live in SH and love same............ so everyone to their own?

I have sold several properties in both Scarborough and Mindarie............ both top places that to me leave SH way behind. but; those living at SH would beg to differ.

You need to get over here and have a good look see. Before you decide to live either north or south of the river............ it's best that you spend time having a good look around each location before you decide.

Your budget and the proximity to local transport should help sway your decision......... that coupled with surrounding infrastructure and the quality of schools if you have children?

Good luck with whatever you decide upon.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:06 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Renting a rural block in carramar, when we first got here we were definitely going to rent in halls head, mandurah but after doing a few thousand km in the process we decided we preferred the north
Dave
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Renting a rural block in carramar, when we first got here we were definitely going to rent in halls head, mandurah but after doing a few thousand km in the process we decided we preferred the north
Dave
Whereabouts in Carramar are you?

We're in Tranquil Drive.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:08 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!

Thank you in advance

Umm...
Rentals in Perth is the title and Secret Harbour is where your looking, thats a bit like Luton Airport claiming to be in London

Secret Harbour isnt in Perth, its miles away, unless you dont really want/need frequent access to the city then id look at your map again.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve99
Umm...
Rentals in Perth is the title and Secret Harbour is where your looking, thats a bit like Luton Airport claiming to be in London

Secret Harbour isnt in Perth, its miles away, unless you dont really want/need frequent access to the city then id look at your map again.
Hmm maybe I didn't quite explain myself well.

I mean, we plan to work in the city centre of Perth but look to live around there. Even if it means a 30-40 drive to get there. But I will have a look and I've Pm'd a few people here I've noticed that live in Perth. Cheers
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Clarkson, across the road from Mindarie and can tell you that on a normal day's drive it's about 50-60 minutes to West Perth where I work. If you're looking for 30-40 minutes you will probably want to look closer to the city. Scarborough is lovely, but I don't think I would want to live there full time. It's got a very transient feel to it with lots of holiday rentals and surf shops. Go a little farther north to someplace like Hillary's or Whitfords area and you are still within the 40 minute range but more of a settled feeling. My opinion only, so anyone in Scarborough, don't shoot me down. OH lived there when he first moved over here and it was great for him.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:46 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm maybe I didn't quite explain myself well.

I mean, we plan to work in the city centre of Perth but look to live around there. Even if it means a 30-40 drive to get there. But I will have a look and I've Pm'd a few people here I've noticed that live in Perth. Cheers
Hi Sarah,

How many of you are there? just the 2 or are there kids in tow?
If not and your both working all day i'd look at apartments anywhere along the fremantle train line, rents are still very cheap in perth vs buying, have a look around Subiaco, close to the city yet only 10mins to the ocean.
If your needing a house then maybe look at suburbs bordering the joondalup line, up around warwick/greenwood/duncraig etc.
check out www.rent.com.au for examples of the limited stuff thats out there.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve99
Hi Sarah,

How many of you are there? just the 2 or are there kids in tow?
If not and your both working all day i'd look at apartments anywhere along the fremantle train line, rents are still very cheap in perth vs buying, have a look around Subiaco, close to the city yet only 10mins to the ocean.
If your needing a house then maybe look at suburbs bordering the joondalup line, up around warwick/greenwood/duncraig etc.
check out www.rent.com.au for examples of the limited stuff thats out there.
There is just me and my OH no kids yet! Great thanks, it gives me a starting point and I'll investigate whats around
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

There is just me and my OH no kids yet! Great thanks, it gives me a starting point and I'll investigate whats around
If you are looking at commuting in to the CBD, its approx 35 minutes on the train from Clarkson (last stop on the Joondalup line). Trains run about every 5 minutes at peak times.