Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rentals and applications in Perth

Rentals and applications in Perth

Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:42 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Rentals and applications in Perth

Hi Guys
Its took the in-laws just over a month to finally get a rental, the last one they looked at had 25 applications!! Seems the rental market is booming with plenty people looking and not enough properties.

Was just thinking as I do, if there are any peeps coming over from the UK please get somebody over here to try and sort one out for you, take in mind all real estate companies will not do an application if you have not stepped in the house, some sort of law they have to abide by. This therefore means and forgive me if I am wrong it is impossible for a person in the UK or another country to apply for a rental property before they get here.

Take care though and maybe set aside some extra time for getting a rental when you arrive as it may take longer than expected.

Jenny
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default Re: Rentals and applications in Perth

thanks for the warning, were headed off in january, our cousin's husband is a real estate agent and he said he will help us in getting a rental property.

Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

morley_sarah is an unknown quantity at this point

So so true Jenny!

We struggled to get a rental last time and I think it took us a good month and that was applying to 2 places a day at least!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:44 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

It's beacause no-one wants to buy now, too expensive. Although rentals are taking advantage of that and putting their prices up.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough

We bought the West newpaper on a sat and marked all the ones we liked, we phoned and viewed them and got a rental on the same day. It was so easy we had been so worried with all the threads saying how hard it was but it isnt hard for everyone. We got a lovely house in a lovely area without the hassle. I think every story will be different.

Good luck.

Joy
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charmed
We bought the West newpaper on a sat and marked all the ones we liked, we phoned and viewed them and got a rental on the same day. It was so easy we had been so worried with all the threads saying how hard it was but it isnt hard for everyone. We got a lovely house in a lovely area without the hassle. I think every story will be different.

Good luck.

Joy
Same with us. Bought the west on Wednesday morning 7am, phoned the one we liked at 7.05am, viewed at 9am and moved in the Monday after. We have a private landlord, no estate agents involved, no inspections every 3 months and no rent rises
Tracie
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:06 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jensteve
take in mind all real estate companies will not do an application if you have not stepped in the house, some sort of law they have to abide by. This therefore means and forgive me if I am wrong it is impossible for a person in the UK or another country to apply for a rental property before they get here.

This isn't true. We have had a couple of offers already! It seems that if you are prepared to give an employer's reference and plenty of bond money, you'll be accepted.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It's beacause no-one wants to buy now, too expensive. Although rentals are taking advantage of that and putting their prices up.
Ya dead right there!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:30 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Go private rather than an agent.... get more for your money that way.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

We went private and found one

3 viewings all with private, liked 2 out the three and was accepted on one, missed out on one, in the area wanted...... all took 2 days

Look in the West and the Quaoka (Spelling!!!)