Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental and schools in Greenwood, Kingsley, Carine and Duncraig

Rental and schools in Greenwood, Kingsley, Carine and Duncraig

Old Jun 8th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice
Default Rental and schools in Greenwood, Kingsley, Carine and Duncraig

Hello to all of you lucky people already there.

Can anyone give me an update on rental in Greenwood, Kingsley, Carine and Duncraig in regarding number of people going for the one property, are they still getting snapped up.

Also can anyone advise on schools. We are finding out that primary and secondary schools have waiting lists. Ideally we would like to get them into a catholic school.

If anyone can advise on these we would be most appreciated.

We shall be making the big move to Perth in August.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:08 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental and schools in Greenwood, Kingsley, Carine and Duncraig

Originally Posted by Paul & June

Can anyone give me an update on rental in Greenwood, Kingsley, Carine and Duncraig in regarding number of people going for the one property, are they still getting snapped up.

Also can anyone advise on schools. We are finding out that primary and secondary schools have waiting lists. Ideally we would like to get them into a catholic school.

Here's a few web sites to check current vacancies.
http://reiwa.com/lst/lst-resrent-search.cfm
http://www.domain.com.au/real-estate...th__Rent&ads=0

My friend has just taken out a rental in Duncraig (I helped her move today) The goods ones will always be snapped up fast.... My friend has found it really hard to get somewhere, partly because she has two dogs.

You have to move fast, as soon as you see the property... fax off your application and get a cash deposit to the propety manager as quick as you can to show you are serious.

There are quite a few in the paper today..... send me an IM with your email address and I'll scan the Duncraig page. :-)

Neil.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul & June

Best Catholic school for this area I think would be Sacred Heart in Sorrento - as ever - waiting lists apply.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

Thanks for your help so far. Anyone else can advise would be great.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

All depends on how good the property looks in the initial pictures on the website and what street it is on. I'm sure someone in the Real Estate business will be along soon to give a little advice.

I know that when my wife and I were looking in March/April for another emergency rental in Ocean Reef/Mullaloo (not too far from where your looking) there was only myself and one other couple, however those my my wife looked at there were several people. Indeed one lady asked everyone else if they had pets whilst they waited for the letting agnet to arrive, as no-one else did she decided not to waste her time and popped off to view another one as she felt that people without pets would get preferential treatment.

At the end of the day I'm told they look at:

(1) who gets their application in first

(2) No of people staying in the property (the less people the less "wear and tear")

(3) What jobs you do (so they know there going to get paid)

(4) how easy you are to reference (eg do they have e-mail addresses or fax numbers - better esp if your from the UK)

(5) How much you will pay upfront - some people offer 6 months rent up front (usually $$ goes into a trust account and the agent pays the landlord each month rather than giving the landlord/owner the full whack)

oh - we ended up buying rather than renting again.