Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental references

Rental references

Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:42 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Rental references

I've been looking online at properties to let and most seem to require references. What kind of references are these? Do we have to bring something from the UK? Will a bank or employer reference do?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:45 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental references

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I've been looking online at properties to let and most seem to require references. What kind of references are these? Do we have to bring something from the UK? Will a bank or employer reference do?
Usually you would just write two referrees name and address's on the application form you need to complete when you find somewhere. My property agent did not check them though.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:47 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by C&R
Usually you would just write two referrees name and address's on the application form you need to complete when you find somewhere. My property agent did not check them though.
Thanks for that
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
We had a reference from our l/lord of 5 years in UK (written 6 months earlier), the agents here were complete arses telling the l/lord our ref's were outdated. I remedied the situation by writing new ref's which the landlord found glowing - worked a treat
Just remeber here often you are 'competing' for a property. They have open days, people view and if you want it you have to apply and be 'chosen'. Offering a sum to help lay a claim does help with some real estate agents too.
Good luck
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i was also told writting a statement about yr family works well as well.

get written ref from yr new job saying that oh has a job so can afford the rent.

get refs from friends etc old work etc

estate agent also said if you rented a holiday home ask them to give you a ref the people we rented our holiday home with in april readily agreed to do a ref
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

I've been told to get a ref from our uk neighbours about our dog!! Not sure if it applies to any of you, but if you are hoping to rent with a pet it might be an idea.

Just to say that he is an outside dog and well controlled etc
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

any news midwife????
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

No!!! But I have spoken to someone who says it doesnt matter and that they know because I've trained in uk I'll have my 40 deliveries, just these forms dont actually admit that do they

Apologies to op for hijacking the thread a bit xx
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
I've been told to get a ref from our uk neighbours about our dog!! Not sure if it applies to any of you, but if you are hoping to rent with a pet it might be an idea.

Just to say that he is an outside dog and well controlled etc
Another thing not advertised is the offering of a 'pet bond'. This is enough to satisfy some landlords/agents
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

pm you

sorry freckle !!!

tiff
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

what about if you have a cat ? pet bond????
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
what about if you have a cat ? pet bond????
some places may be more open to a cat as opposed to a dog living there.
some are just anti pets - if thats the case though, the pet bond may persuade an agent/landlord to let to you anyway.
If pets are allowed, dont even mention it though. The pet bond isnt a norm just a way of possibly securing a rental thats advertised as 'no pets'. By offering an extra bond for the pets, the l/lord knows if you cat/ dog damages the property they are covered.
Also offering fumigation for fleas goes down well IF you're having problems
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

emmm interesting thanks for that

all my cat does is sleep and eat now she is as the vet said on thursday nrly 80 yrs old in human terms!!!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
emmm interesting thanks for that

all my cat does is sleep and eat now she is as the vet said on thursday nrly 80 yrs old in human terms!!!!
ahhhhh bless.
an ol biddy
x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

old biddie she maybe but she can still bring down and kill a pigeon like she did yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.