Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rental properties in perth

rental properties in perth

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

fatbads is an unknown quantity at this point
Question rental properties in perth

me and my family are moving to perth in the near future and i would like to know if it is possible to rent a house from the uk before we arrive
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:06 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: rental properties in perth

Originally Posted by fatbads
me and my family are moving to perth in the near future and i would like to know if it is possible to rent a house from the uk before we arrive
I havent tried it myself, although I did know someone once who did manage to set up an arrangement before they left the UK. If you know exactly what area you want its certainly worth contcating some agents via email and sking them, try
www.realestate.com.au
select WA and rental properties, then just browse the area you want. The agents details will be displayed on the properties you click on.
Alternatively why not stay in short term holiday accomm for 2 weeks and then look for rentals while you are here? That way you get to see the house before you are tied to it for 6 months. Nothing worse than finding you are living somewhere really awful with neighbours from hell.......
Holiday accomm - www.stayz.com.au or again, try asking some of the real estate agents.
Hope that helps
Cherry
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

fatbads is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cherry 6

Thank you very much for your reply, brilliant website for holiday accomadation
lots cheaper than booking into a hotel for us.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:44 pm
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi Fatbads, we have three short term places in Rockingham, south of Perth if you are heading this way look us up on www.cedarcottagewa.com Suzette and Will. We are also on Stayz
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 11:24 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Hi Cherry 6

Thank you very much for your reply, brilliant website for holiday accomadation
lots cheaper than booking into a hotel for us.
It certainly is cheeper than booking into a hotel, for the initally couple of weeks anyway. It's a good option as you can cook your own meals etc and the accommodation is more of a base, home from home if you like. We used these guys too when we first arrived here.

http://www.ozstays.com/regions/accommodation_perth.html

I would try and get something more long term sorted though as rental in Perth is cheeper still, for rentals we used local papers, notice boards and www.realestate.com.au.

See you in Perth soon.

Claire
Old Jan 6th 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Coulterk will become famous soon enoughCoulterk will become famous soon enough

I'd recommend going short term first - like a serviced apartment for say 3 weeks - in order for you to pick the area that you want to stay longer in. A good plan is to go serviced apartment to find a rental, get a rental for a 6 month lease (the usual min period) and if you intend to buy, you should be able to buy within the 6 months.

It is good to go short term for you to find the location you like before you rent in an area you may not like or may find a better location once you are here.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 11:37 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

My answer would be NO. Not that it is banned or something.. It will be difficult for you to rent even after you move here. As per my little knowledge, due to the very unrealistic house prices controlled by the real estate agents here, most of the new home buyers are waiting..waiting.. waiting and hoping for a down under.. As a result, it has become very difficult to rent a house here. When I came here in November, I applied to rent and even put a higher price (15%) than what they have advertised. Still I did not get it because some were willing to pay over my amount. Also they prefer to see the person's face to see how cute the tenant is! It is a highly unrealistic, highly controlled real estate market and I would suggest anyone to watch it carefully before renting or buying a property here.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:51 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bru
My answer would be NO. Not that it is banned or something.. It will be difficult for you to rent even after you move here. As per my little knowledge, due to the very unrealistic house prices controlled by the real estate agents here, most of the new home buyers are waiting..waiting.. waiting and hoping for a down under.. As a result, it has become very difficult to rent a house here. When I came here in November, I applied to rent and even put a higher price (15%) than what they have advertised. Still I did not get it because some were willing to pay over my amount. Also they prefer to see the person's face to see how cute the tenant is! It is a highly unrealistic, highly controlled real estate market and I would suggest anyone to watch it carefully before renting or buying a property here.
Did a short term let for 2/3 weeks when we first arrived and then got something more long term for 6 months - this was done recently. I was a fairly straight forward process - the market can be fast pace, so if you like somewhere, apply for it there and then. Find out if anyone else has applied for the property too and under what terms, you will soon know if you are wasting your time or not.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:44 am
Just Joined

wandearah is an unknown quantity at this point

We are away from Perth end of Sept and would like to try and rent our house for a month, not sure if this suits you though.