Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rental with pool in Perth!!!!

Rental with pool in Perth!!!!

Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice
Default Rental with pool in Perth!!!!

Hi all-looking for some info from everyone in Perth me and my partner hope to be in Perth June/July next year and hope to rent for approx 1 year before buying but would really like one with a pool We dont necessary need a large house 3 beds. would do but 4 would be OK too........can you tell me how easy these are to come by and roughly how much is rental on them.
not sure where in Perth yet NOR or SOR dont mind
thanks a lot
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:06 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rental with pool in Perth!!!!

Originally Posted by ozzymaz
Hi all-looking for some info from everyone in Perth me and my partner hope to be in Perth June/July next year and hope to rent for approx 1 year before buying but would really like one with a pool We dont necessary need a large house 3 beds. would do but 4 would be OK too........can you tell me how easy these are to come by and roughly how much is rental on them.
thanks a lot

It's got to be nor with me , will need someone to with
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:13 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot
Try looking at real estate websites. Here's one I use, but there are lots of others:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&t=ren&snf=rbs
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret2
It's got to be nor with me , will need someone to with

then NOR it is
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Try looking at real estate websites. Here's one I use, but there are lots of others:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&t=ren&snf=rbs

have tried some of the real estate websites but is it just me there does not seem to be too many rentals with pools
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

thanks a lot
Ow ya goin guys?

We are going to Perth too and around the same time as you!!

From our research, we have also gathered that trying to find somewhere in Perth with a pool is quite hard work!!
Initially, we were looking at Brisbane and it seemed that almost every house has a pool there!
I think the thing with Perth is.....they are so close to a beach that most people don't bother with the expenditure of having one fitted....
We have been looking at the Rockingham/ Waikiki/ Warnbro/ Safety Bay areas in SOR......you can get a nice 4 BR 2 BR Florida style villa/ house for around $200 - $250 a week ...........how cheap is that?
We have decided that we are gonna go with an inground outdoor spa bath instead (much better when its just you and the missus )
Seems to be a few rentals around with this option, although dont know how popular they would be!
Hope this helps!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:54 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Have got a link to some information that may be of help. A lot of their rentals have a pool. You will need to register with the site before you can take advantage of the offers. PM me if you have any queries.

http://www.pomsinperth.com/accommodation.htm

Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough

thanks a lot

My friend is in Joondalup with 4 bedrooms 2 bedrooms large gardens and a gorgeous pool for $275. There are plenty of houses with pools, just because they are not mentioned in the text of the ad doesn't mean the house doesn't have one, I have found that out after many hours of trawling through them on the net. Look at them all you will be surprised how many have more hidden treasures!! Mandy
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:20 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Ow ya goin guys?

We are going to Perth too and around the same time as you!!

From our research, we have also gathered that trying to find somewhere in Perth with a pool is quite hard work!!
Initially, we were looking at Brisbane and it seemed that almost every house has a pool there!
I think the thing with Perth is.....they are so close to a beach that most people don't bother with the expenditure of having one fitted....
We have been looking at the Rockingham/ Waikiki/ Warnbro/ Safety Bay areas in SOR......you can get a nice 4 BR 2 BR Florida style villa/ house for around $200 - $250 a week ...........how cheap is that?
We have decided that we are gonna go with an inground outdoor spa bath instead (much better when its just you and the missus )
Seems to be a few rentals around with this option, although dont know how popular they would be!
Hope this helps!!!!
Hi, we have a short term holiday rental in Safety Bay/Shoalwater, with an indoor and outdoor heated spa..If you would like to look on our site it is http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ we have had lots of Expats stay here short term while they find a long term rental, more comfortable than air beds and cheaper in the long run than hotel/motel as they are not self catering and the eating out is the expensive part. We have just had Belladonna staying with us and I dont think they were disappointed. Just an option, have a look. Suzette and Will.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:15 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of rental properties don't have swimming pools, the reason being that they are extra hassle and expense for the owner and generally thought of as being a bit of a risk for investors. But you do get some, you will find more in older areas as opposed to new areas, someone buying a brand new home as a rental won't spend the $20k+ to put a pool in. Price wise you probably won't pay more than $20pw more for a home with a pool, but you may well find that you will find a much nicer home without a pool for the same price.

The other problem can be securing the lease on a home with a pool, usually there will be several families after the same place, i have a friend who viewed one last week and there were 12 applications went in for the same place.

Narrowing your rental choice to one with a pool will usually mean you will not be able to choose the area you want to live in as it will be dictated to by whats available.

Lynn
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Ow ya goin guys?

Finding somewhere nice in Perth, with or without a pool is hard work at the moment. Anything decent will have a load of interest in it. The place I managed to get must have had about 20 people viewing it when I went. If the ad doesn't say 'magnificent' or 'fantastic' etc, then it is probably a craphole.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Finding somewhere nice in Perth, with or without a pool is hard work at the moment. Anything decent will have a load of interest in it. The place I managed to get must have had about 20 people viewing it when I went. If the ad doesn't say 'magnificent' or 'fantastic' etc, then it is probably a craphole.
And if it says magnificent then it will also probably be a magnificent price or somewhere near the NT/WA border!
Finding a decent rental has been the most stressful aspect of our time here.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:43 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi, we have a short term holiday rental in Safety Bay/Shoalwater, with an indoor and outdoor heated spa..If you would like to look on our site it is http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ we have had lots of Expats stay here short term while they find a long term rental, more comfortable than air beds and cheaper in the long run than hotel/motel as they are not self catering and the eating out is the expensive part. We have just had Belladonna staying with us and I dont think they were disappointed. Just an option, have a look. Suzette and Will.
Thanks Suzette & Will, already looked though and added you to our short list of places to stay next year! We are one step ahead of you here!!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Finding a rental when you arrive is hard enough. Majority of agents couldnt care less, as the market is so healthy here. Finding the ideal home to rent is luck. We tried to find a house with pool and AC, but had to settle with just AC. we saw some houses with pools, but they were not fenced, and as we have young children, this was a no no.
As soon as you arrive, go and see all the Real Estate agents, and buy the West Australian paper on a Wednesdy and Saturday, where they have private and Real Estate rentals.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for all the advise,will certainly take everything on board and as you say Wayne& Mandy you have to look through the whole ad-surprised they dont put POOL in the main part of the ad but there you are......thanks again everyone.....cant wait to go now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.