Reload this Page >

rent in melbourne

rent in melbourne

Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

samanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rent in melbourne

hello
when I tried to search about an apartment in internet I couldn't know what I want as I don't know any thing about the city. please I want to know the most common regions full of people and services and what are the regions better than others and please are there good internet links will help me more ?
thank you
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:28 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rent in melbourne

Originally Posted by samanada
hello
when I tried to search about an apartment in internet I couldn't know what I want as I don't know any thing about the city. please I want to know the most common regions full of people and services and what are the regions better than others and please are there good internet links will help me more ?
thank you
Hello again

What is your budget

Where in Egypt are you now (to provide comparisons?)

http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk...ommodation.htm

Most people stay in short term accomodation for about 4 weeks before securing longer term accomodation. The link above is a highly recommended set of properties and provides a good map to get you started on areas.

The closer to the city the more pricey (but the less you pay on commutting). The closer to the sea again the more expensive - but further inland you can also run into further transport issues ie lack of public transport.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Hello again

What is your budget

Most people stay in short term accomodation for about 4 weeks before securing longer term accomodation. The link above is a highly recommended set of properties and provides a good map to get you started on areas.

The closer to the city the more pricey (but the less you pay on commutting). The closer to the sea again the more expensive - but further inland you can also run into further transport issues ie lack of public transport.
hi Geelong Gent
thank you for your reply
I live in cairo.
my budget is not more than 400 pw for 2 bedroom. I found many apartment withen this padgut but I don't know the best location.the link you sent rent furnised apartment I want non furnished but this link may help us in our short term accomodation.

Last edited by samanada; Jul 29th 2009 at 11:28 am.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Hello again

What is your budget

hi Geelong Gent
I found an area called Geelong is this a good area?and please if there are some known good areas please tell me the names to search in
thank you
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

hi Geelong Gent
I found an area called Geelong is this a good area?and please if there are some known good areas please tell me the names to search in
thank you
Geelong is an hour by train or car from Melbourne. It is a large town with its own suburbs. There are good areas to be in such as Newtown, Highton, Belmont, Waurn Ponds but it depends if you want to commute that far........
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

hello
thank you

Where will you be working? Are you single? How old are you? do you have children? Do you need public transport? Do you want beach side? Do you have any animals? What type of two bedroom apartment? old? modern? Answers to these questions may help decide an area for you.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itigo
Geelong is an hour by train or car from Melbourne. It is a large town with its own suburbs. There are good areas to be in such as Newtown, Highton, Belmont, Waurn Ponds but it depends if you want to commute that far........
hi itigo
thank you for your reply. I don't want that far . when I search in melbourne region they asked to choice an area and I don't know any of them is the best and the nearest .such as Bayside, Geelong, Inner city, Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, Yarra-dandenong Ranges, North , East, and South East if you can help me to choice please tell me thank you again
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:22 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

hi itigo
thank you for your reply. I don't want that far . when I search in melbourne region they asked to choice an area and I don't know any of them is the best and the nearest .such as Bayside, Geelong, Inner city, Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, Yarra-dandenong Ranges, North , East, and South East if you can help me to choice please tell me thank you again
Start with where you will be working

I'm in Malvern East 3145 - in case you thought my signon was based on location - its based on my football team GO CATS GO

Have a look at Glen Iris 3146 or Ashburton/Ashwood
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

jon.n.bec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, could you pls give me any info on the nice geelong suburbs, somewhere not too far from beach, family orientated, good schools etc. not sure on budget at the moment, i have been recommended geelong by a friend of mine that lives in melbourne.

in your opinion what are the pros and cons of living there, i realise that what suits one person may not suit another, but i am trying to narrow down my search a little

Also what is the job situation like in this area for trades and just in general, sorry for all the questions

thankyou, bec
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hebe
Where will you be working? Are you single? How old are you? do you have children? Do you need public transport? Do you want beach side? Do you have any animals? What type of two bedroom apartment? old? modern? Answers to these questions may help decide an area for you.
hi Hebe
I am married. my husband and me don't know where we will work as yet. we will search for work when we will be there. do you have other suggestions ? he is an electronic engineer and I am a civil engineer . We have two children. no animals. we will have one car so may be need public transport. beach side is a good idea but I think that is out of our budget which is not more than 400 pw for non furnished. we prefer modern apartment. if all of these information help you to decide the best area for us please tell me.thank you
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Start with where you will be working

I'm in Malvern East 3145 - in case you thought my signon was based on location - its based on my football team GO CATS GO

Have a look at Glen Iris 3146 or Ashburton/Ashwood
hi Geelong Gent
good luck for your team.
but I don't understand what is (Glen Iris 3146 or Ashburton/Ashwood) couhd you please explain.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

hi Geelong Gent
good luck for your team.
but I don't understand what is (Glen Iris 3146 or Ashburton/Ashwood) couhd you please explain.
They are suburbs......3146 is a postcode. So when you go on realestate.com.au you can put these suburbs into the search.......
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jon.n.bec
Hi, could you pls give me any info on the nice geelong suburbs, somewhere not too far from beach, family orientated, good schools etc. not sure on budget at the moment, i have been recommended geelong by a friend of mine that lives in melbourne.

in your opinion what are the pros and cons of living there, i realise that what suits one person may not suit another, but i am trying to narrow down my search a little

Also what is the job situation like in this area for trades and just in general, sorry for all the questions

thankyou, bec
Hi

The great thing about Geelong (we think) is that you are hard pressed to drive for more than 20 minutes to get anywhere. The suburbs I mentioned are all good for families. There are lovely beaches on the surf coast/Peninsula no more than 30-40 minutes away and a small beach and lagoon pool/kiddies pool on the Waterfront in Geelong itself.

Newtown is close to Pakington Street which has some cafe culture and lots of interesting independent shops. It is also closer to town itself. Waurn Ponds is the furthest away but is near to big shopping complexes and the new ring road that bypasses Geelong itself, making travel to Melbourne quicker (something like 29 sets of traffic lights the old way!).

Lots of people like Highton. I don't mind the older parts but I find the new estates where they are builiding very soulless. Very boxy. Horses for courses though!

Most of these areas have their own high streets with the essentials there. There are also lots of schools and I think some are meant to be quite good (primary) but someone else will be able to help more there. For secondary I personally am going to try and save as much as possible so I can get mine into private. I haven't heard anything positive about the secondaries from locals/people with children at them which concerns me a bit. Again, someone else may have a different view.

As long as you stay away from North Geelong - Corio, Norlane etc. there are lots of options.

We are loving it here and haven't found many cons to be honest. It's only an hour on the train into Melbourne (very cheap too! $25 for a family off peak return). There is loads to do in the area (lots of wineries too!) and loads for the kids. Holiday time the council puts on lots of free activities - book readings, arts and crafts etc. that you can take your children to.

Hope this helps a bit - sorry for the waffle!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:47 am
Account Closed

jon.n.bec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

The great thing about Geelong (we think) is that you are hard pressed to drive for more than 20 minutes to get anywhere. The suburbs I mentioned are all good for families. There are lovely beaches on the surf coast/Peninsula no more than 30-40 minutes away and a small beach and lagoon pool/kiddies pool on the Waterfront in Geelong itself.

Newtown is close to Pakington Street which has some cafe culture and lots of interesting independent shops. It is also closer to town itself. Waurn Ponds is the furthest away but is near to big shopping complexes and the new ring road that bypasses Geelong itself, making travel to Melbourne quicker (something like 29 sets of traffic lights the old way!).

Lots of people like Highton. I don't mind the older parts but I find the new estates where they are builiding very soulless. Very boxy. Horses for courses though!

Most of these areas have their own high streets with the essentials there. There are also lots of schools and I think some are meant to be quite good (primary) but someone else will be able to help more there. For secondary I personally am going to try and save as much as possible so I can get mine into private. I haven't heard anything positive about the secondaries from locals/people with children at them which concerns me a bit. Again, someone else may have a different view.

As long as you stay away from North Geelong - Corio, Norlane etc. there are lots of options.

We are loving it here and haven't found many cons to be honest. It's only an hour on the train into Melbourne (very cheap too! $25 for a family off peak return). There is loads to do in the area (lots of wineries too!) and loads for the kids. Holiday time the council puts on lots of free activities - book readings, arts and crafts etc. that you can take your children to.

Hope this helps a bit - sorry for the waffle!
thanks, that was really helpful

I will research the areas you mentioned some more, i take it that north geelong is not a nice area thats why we should avoid it?

we are planning a reccie trip next easter but i would like to have a bit of a short list of areas that sound like they might suit us.

I too prefer the older houses with more character however in the end it may come down to budget, and the newer housing from what ive seen seems to be cheaper, but we will see. Abit worrying about the schools though, i willl need to look into this some more, my only worry about private schools are that we have 3 boys, so it will cost us a fortune!

Sorry for all of the questions but could you please tell me which is the nicest suburb that is closest to the beach please?

thanks again, bec
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jon.n.bec
thanks, that was really helpful

I will research the areas you mentioned some more, i take it that north geelong is not a nice area thats why we should avoid it?

we are planning a reccie trip next easter but i would like to have a bit of a short list of areas that sound like they might suit us.

I too prefer the older houses with more character however in the end it may come down to budget, and the newer housing from what ive seen seems to be cheaper, but we will see. Abit worrying about the schools though, i willl need to look into this some more, my only worry about private schools are that we have 3 boys, so it will cost us a fortune!

Sorry for all of the questions but could you please tell me which is the nicest suburb that is closest to the beach please?

thanks again, bec
How old are your boys? Private school costs a lot less here than in the UK, unless you plump for Geelong Grammar which is on a par! There are some great Catholic single sex private schools (if you are Catholic) but I'm told the primaries are hard to get into. As non-Catholics, it's a no go for us. They are also the cheapest. Just thought I'd mention it.

Have a look at Google maps to orientate yourself......... then come back with more questions!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.