Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reno bath or no bath

Reno bath or no bath

Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice
Default Reno bath or no bath

Hi we are renovating our bathroom and ensuite and if we have a glass cubicle then there isnt really enough room for a bath, we havent used it in all the time we have been here apart from the dog having her baths,
With all the water restrictions do people still use baths and still need them, your thoughts would be most appreciated. Paul
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reno bath or no bath

Originally Posted by rangersman2
Hi we are renovating our bathroom and ensuite and if we have a glass cubicle then there isnt really enough room for a bath, we havent used it in all the time we have been here apart from the dog having her baths,
With all the water restrictions do people still use baths and still need them, your thoughts would be most appreciated. Paul
Do you have a bath in Your family bathroom? If you do then scrap the ensuite bath... If you don't its a bit of one of those boxes people like ticked when they're house hunting still...
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

The kids love a bath in winter and used to in summer as well, when they were little. We use showers on an everyday basis, though. I think a home without a bath would lose points when selling or renting. You can always install a shower bath, which has a wider section at the tap end, and "dimples" on the base to stop slips.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:31 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

A bath was on our list of features when we were looking to buy. It's not used every week but, when I feel unwell, I really do appreciate it.

The ensuite just has a shower cubicle.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We decided to only have a bath in the main bathroom, so that has a bath and a shower cubicle and then the ensuite has a larger shower instead. We were advised to have at least one bath in the house to help resale value
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

I'd second what has been said. If you have a bath in the main bathroom, then scrap it in the ensuite. Otherwise, yes, a bath is a must for some people.

My OH and I hardly ever use it, but it is used every day for my kids. If your house is a "family" house (for resale purposes), then the odds are that any family with babies, toddlers or young children would need a bathtub. My boys (4 and 2) have a bath together every day. Once they are teenagers, it's on to the four-minute-shower though
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:16 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
We decided to only have a bath in the main bathroom, so that has a bath and a shower cubicle and then the ensuite has a larger shower instead. We were advised to have at least one bath in the house to help resale value
strange we were told that it makes no difference with today's society and with the water shortage that there is in Perth/WA showers were more requested (ok just realised you don't live in WA lol)

we don't have a bath at all, we have 2 bathrooms both with walk in showers, we decided to renovate to what we wanted as we live here rather than what other people may want...otherwise you could end up with nothing you really want

Last edited by Sam; Jan 16th 2011 at 11:17 am. Reason: to add realise that Mand8002 dont live in Perth! DOH
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
strange we were told that it makes no difference with today's society and with the water shortage that there is in Perth/WA showers were more requested (ok just realised you don't live in WA lol)

we don't have a bath at all, we have 2 bathrooms both with walk in showers, we decided to renovate to what we wanted as we live here rather than what other people may want...otherwise you could end up with nothing you really want
We changed the bathrooms to suit us, too, by having a shower bath in the family bathroom upstairs, and removing the bath in the ensuite and just having a shower. We also changed it from an ensuite to another family bathroom, so that we could all use it easily when we get out of the pool or return from the beach, without having to traipse upstairs or through the bedroom. Still think you need a bath in a house, though. Are you on mains water, Sam?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 1:23 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with most of the other replies shower in the ensuite and bath in the family bathroom, anyone with young children needs a bathtub.

I only ever use the bath when I'm not feeling well or need a special pamper session to cheer me up, with bubbles, candles, chocolate and alcohol.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
I agree with most of the other replies shower in the ensuite and bath in the family bathroom, anyone with young children needs a bathtub.

I only ever use the bath when I'm not feeling well or need a special pamper session to cheer me up, with bubbles, candles, chocolate and alcohol.
Thats why I insisted on putting a bath in.The only thing I forgot was a huge bolt for the door.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Thats why I insisted on putting a bath in.The only thing I forgot was a huge bolt for the door.
Bunnings
Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Bunnings
I think Bunnings are sick of us.Every time we go in the greeter gives us a look as if to sat,its them again!!!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:24 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
We changed the bathrooms to suit us, too, by having a shower bath in the family bathroom upstairs, and removing the bath in the ensuite and just having a shower. We also changed it from an ensuite to another family bathroom, so that we could all use it easily when we get out of the pool or return from the beach, without having to traipse upstairs or through the bedroom. Still think you need a bath in a house, though. Are you on mains water, Sam?
Yes mains water but not sewers..... we have septic tanks
and not main gas either,
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman2
We are renovating (the never ending story) and just have a big walk-in shower in the ensuite and a bath and separate shower in the downstairs bathroom.