Reload this Page >

Renewing a Britsh Passport from Oz

Renewing a Britsh Passport from Oz

Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road
Default Renewing a Britsh Passport from Oz

Hi
My sister is on a four year temporary visa living in Sydney and needs to renew her Britsh passport soon. What is the process over her, can anyone point me in the right direction, asd we havent even thought about this as we haventy had to do this ourselves yet.
Thanks
Paula
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:09 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Renewing a Britsh Passport from Oz

Originally Posted by of2oz
Hi
My sister is on a four year temporary visa living in Sydney and needs to renew her Britsh passport soon. What is the process over her, can anyone point me in the right direction, asd we havent even thought about this as we haventy had to do this ourselves yet.
Thanks
Paula
I've not done it myself, but I'm pretty sure that you need to contact the British High Consulate in Canberra. Have a mosey here.
The passport renewal link is:
http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79

I'm sure if someone has done it they can confirm this.

Chris.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:23 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
I've not done it myself, but I'm pretty sure that you need to contact the British High Consulate in Canberra. Have a mosey here.
The passport renewal link is:
http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79

I'm sure if someone has done it they can confirm this.

Chris.
You just fill in a form and send it off with your passport and 180 bucks.

Last edited by PeteY; Jul 25th 2005 at 5:25 am.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:27 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by of2oz
Hi
Thanks
Paula

for your british passport. just fill out the forms and send it in ( above link which chris has posted) .

I've never had to renew my british one here myself,, last one of mine was renewed in Singapore before we came to Aus but that's easy enough here as well. Hubby's was renewed in Britain etc when we back for holidays one year

For your temp visa in your new passport , phone up the immigration in sydney ( yellow pages) . I suppose you'll have to go in to the immigration department and get them put the visa in your new passport when you get it. Again I've never done this , as I am citizen and don't have these visa issues, I use two passports now. But I think you'll have to get "them' ( immigration department) to just put a new temp visa in your new passport when you recieve it , as your old Brit passport will be no longer valid to use. Just phone the immigration office in Sydney for this and they can tell you what you need to do for that temp visa in the passport.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 25th 2005 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your replies, i have just logged on and would like to apologies for my wife's spelling, i told her about drinking in the day before , thanks again , Steve.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Canberra were very good a few months ago when Mrs Rog had to renew in a hurry due mil's illness in UK. They renewed in 4 hrs - nice drive down to Canberra but makes for a long day!