Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The removers have been ..... what a day

The removers have been ..... what a day

Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default The removers have been ..... what a day

Well no more PC for expats addiction. What a day though

Crown came 10am and halfway through, the young slipped nad fell down the stairs dislocated his shoulder and ended up in hospital having an operation :scared:

So Crown had to get more guys from Glasgow an good hour and a half away to help with the move.

they left at 6.45

That's it now in with the outlaws didn't sleep a wink last night.

It's going to be tough, but I know it's just for a short while

I didn't really get emotional leaving the house, everything still feels like a dream.

But after yesterday I need a

c xx
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:04 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The removers have been ..... what a day

not been on the site for a while, but it is good to see a familiar name on their way.

When do you fly out? good luck with the outlaws
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I know, you go off for a short time and come back and no one wants to speak to you

We fly out in 12 weeks time :scared: You really do get a wee bit scared when all your possessions disappear. But new things are to be embraced.

Outlaws is fine but the bed is bloody bad. none of that
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Carrianne, is it starting to feel real yet?! Its an odd feeling seeing your belongings disappear into the unknown isn't it.
And the withdrawal symptoms from expats can be hell for a while too!!
Hope you cope OK with the outlaws, and the bed......
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck Carrieanne and all the best. Let us know how you get on when you get there

best wishes

booboo
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:41 am
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carianne

Just wanted to say good luck. I will leave for the sunshine coast (hinterland) on 2nd december, where are you heading to?

Bye

Barbara
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Carrianne
Well no more PC for expats addiction. What a day though

Crown came 10am and halfway through, the young slipped nad fell down the stairs dislocated his shoulder and ended up in hospital having an operation :scared:

So Crown had to get more guys from Glasgow an good hour and a half away to help with the move.

they left at 6.45

That's it now in with the outlaws didn't sleep a wink last night.

It's going to be tough, but I know it's just for a short while

I didn't really get emotional leaving the house, everything still feels like a dream.

But after yesterday I need a

c xx

Good luck!

The worst has to be over now - all the organising of disposals, packing, quotes, & so on.

Meanwhile the sun awaits!

Old Nov 18th 2003, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

let the good times roll and have fun in the new adventure waiting for you

arlene
Old Nov 18th 2003, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The worst bit is over now. It must be wierd seeing all of your stuff being packed up. I have all this to come:scared: and I am not looking forward to it.

Hope everything else goes smoothly and try and get online now and again if you can.

See ya out there!!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you everyone, I will try to keep on line when poss.

We are looking in the hinterland also maybe Palmwoods. i am keeping in contact with the esate agent there who we will meet when we arrive.

I just hope the guy in hospital is ok x
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:34 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

hi carrianne,
i cant wait to get the movers in now, we just need a definate date for completion, it is looking like it will be before the 17th of dec now according to the solicitors.
Good Luck and I hope your stay with the outlaws isnt too bad
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks sky
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Doreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carrianne

If its any consolation, our stuff arrived on the 8th nov, only 1 week late and the only breakages we suffered was 1 cracked glass in a picture, 2 cheap wine glasses and an old casserole dish! My prized table made in one piece - phew! Only thing I'd say is make sure they take all the boxes away or you'll be stuck with them!

We are living on Buderim (apparently you say on not in!) and bought a business in Caloundra - hence lack of emails cos we've been so busy!. Palmwoods is lovely you'll love it - very green and lush and beautiful views.

Anyway must go customers waiting! Good luck and take care

Keep smiling!

Doreen
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Hi Doreen,
when i read you were living in Buderim i had to reply, we looked at Buderim in July and i loved it we are hopefully moving out in July 2004 and Buderim is high on my list, how are the house prices doing are they still going up as fast? eek.

Cazz
Old Nov 24th 2003, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Doreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cazz

Prices have been climbing but I think they are begining to slow up (although I'm no expert!) It depends where you want to live on Buderim, there are some very expensive parts - i.e. millionaires row 2million plus that have all the views! The average price for a 4bed house seems to be around the $385K mark. It does depend on what you want. There are some good bargains on houses to rent - that might be a good alternative whilst you are looking?

Keep in touch and if things change I'll let you know.

You'll love it here - although we are working hard we love it here - you cant beat going home and sitting outside with a beer and being surrounded by trees and wildlife!!

Hope things go well for you

Keep smiling

Doreen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.