Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals - South West Area

Wikiposts

Removals - South West Area

Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:54 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removals - South West Area

we got most of the big boys for the sandown show in march round and a few local ones , most of the big boys have local offices all round the uk so get ringing !
We were quoted around 4k for a 20f cont , so taking a lot less now and it will cost 1500 £ the money saved will pay for new sofas and beds etc for us with some spare change.
We are taking all the realy good quality stuff but the rest is cheap crap or getting worn so its all getting sold !
Just booked shippers for dec 19th
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:20 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viccollie
Hi Rooksie, we're in Weston super Mare and the local 'crew' here are Nightingales, a family firm based here and I think Bristol/Gloucester
http://www.nightingaleremovals.com/worldwide.htm or use Thomweb (thompson directory)

They quoted us £3999 for 20ft container to Adelaide with their premium export service, Ithink they clean your house or something after they pack up
Claire

thats great - thanks. k sent
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Perthforme
we got most of the big boys for the sandown show in march round and a few local ones , most of the big boys have local offices all round the uk so get ringing !
We were quoted around 4k for a 20f cont , so taking a lot less now and it will cost 1500 £ the money saved will pay for new sofas and beds etc for us with some spare change.
We are taking all the realy good quality stuff but the rest is cheap crap or getting worn so its all getting sold !
Just booked shippers for dec 19th
Oooohh thats great - get that ticker thingy changed mate xx
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Carruss
HHmmmmmmm..............judging by what my brother has spent recently, I guess it would be the $100,000.00 bond for 5 points!

Glad we dont have to do that.

All our cash will be stuffed in the mattress when we go!

R.

Owch - thats gotta hurt
Old Oct 12th 2005, 1:45 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viccollie
Hi Rooksie, we're in Weston super Mare and the local 'crew' here are Nightingales, a family firm based here and I think Bristol/Gloucester
http://www.nightingaleremovals.com/worldwide.htm or use Thomweb (thompson directory)

They quoted us £3999 for 20ft container to Adelaide with their premium export service, Ithink they clean your house or something after they pack up
Claire
Hi Claire,

What part of Weston are you in? We lived there for 25 years.

I would wholeheartedly endorse this recommendation, Rooksie. It's an excellent firm. The owner, Roger Nightingale, is very *old school* in terms of customer service and he's always had very high standards. We used to know him very well when we lived in Weston, and even rented property off him for a while. His firm moved us several times locally, and his international service has an excellent reputation.

We would certainly have used him if the choosing the removal firm had been an option for us.

Sue
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Hi Claire,

I would wholeheartedly endorse this recommendation, Rooksie. It's an excellent firm. The owner, Roger Nightingale, is very *old school* in terms of customer service and he's always had very high standards. We used to know him very well when we lived in Weston, and even rented property off him for a while. His firm moved us several times locally, and his international service has an excellent reputation.

We would certainly have used him if the choosing the removal firm had been an option for us.

Sue
Hi Sue, thanks for the endorsement, happy that my ''cos they're local' idea is re-inforced. They now occupy a v bright yellow warehouse near the helicopter aerodrome - difficult to miss.

(C is my partner - sorry de facto spouse until visa clears ), couldn't remember the pword so have set up my own profile - first post.

C only works in Weston-super-Mud, we live c. Yatton., hopefully soon in Adelaide (did medicals today - no Claire your arm is not going to drop off, but hugs and kisses when/if you read this)

Best Wishes to you Sue, good luck Rooksie - Gerry ( I wish)
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Hi Claire,

Sue
thanks mate - i have emailed them!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:15 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i want to know what you spent £44000 on mate!?!?!?!
Option 1 - Xmas pressies for all my chums on Expats !!

or

Option 2 - As Carruss says - the capital investment for the extra 5 points !

Karma given to the first correct answer !

Last edited by wargod; Oct 12th 2005 at 7:19 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:16 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire,

Sue
I used to live in Weston too, started off in Starling close ended up on Worlebury hill !!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by wargod
I used to live in Weston too, started off in Starling close ended up on Worlebury hill !!
Hi Wargod - when are you moving, and what shippers will you be getting in for quotes, and when? I am moving in Feb and am thinking on getting them out in November to do a quote....not sure if this is too early but I dont think any give a quote that is valid for more than 3 months.

SS
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

Option 1 - Xmas pressies for all my chums on Expats !!

or

Option 2 - As Carruss says - the capital investment for the extra 5 points !

Karma given to the first correct answer !

thats too easy - xmas pressie of course
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:48 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

thats too easy - xmas pressie of course
Perhaps i should give you a clue??

Check out my timeline........ below
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:53 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi Wargod - when are you moving, and what shippers will you be getting in for quotes, and when? I am moving in Feb and am thinking on getting them out in November to do a quote....not sure if this is too early but I dont think any give a quote that is valid for more than 3 months.

SS
Even if the quote only lasts three months it will be a good indication.

We are planning on a holiday/recce in (late) Feb for a month, back here to resign, put house on market, dont think we'll be taking much - our two young children have managed to knacker our sofa - i want a new telly and the beds are crud too !!

So we'll be taking just a few things, i am fortunate to be taking over quite a bit of money so we intend to replace most things out there - always fancied doing the thing in pretty women where Dick (richard) 'Gear' says to the shop asistant - 'we will be wanting some sucking up as we are going to be spending a lot of money' (or words to that effect!!)

Anyway back here mid/late March house on market resign, 3 months later sod off and ship out!!

We will think over Xmas what exactly we are going to take though.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Perhaps i should give you a clue??

Check out my timeline........ below

see i was right!!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:26 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

see i was right!!!!!
No flies on you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.