Reload this Page >

Removals - South West Area

Wikiposts

Removals - South West Area

Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Removals - South West Area

We went to Sandown at the weekend to chat up some removal firms only to be told by the majority that it would cost us an arm and a leg to move from Devon as most companies are serviced from either London or Birmingham areas Bu**er!!

Anyone previously down this neck of the woods able to recommend a removal company please??
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: Removals - South West Area

anyone ...........
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:29 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't help Rooksie, don't live that far down South, just thought i'd give you some sort of answer before you become paranoid :scared:
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Sorry can't help Rooksie, don't live that far down South, just thought i'd give you some sort of answer before you become paranoid :scared:

LOL!!

thanks!!

We spoke to a few removals agents on saturday and they all took our details thank you very much we will be in touch blah blah but only Anglo told us that they were all serviced from London area and would cost us a chuffin fortune and advised us to look for somewhere closer to home . easier said than done however!!!! maybe i should start saving carrier bags now
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:35 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
LOL!!

thanks!!

We spoke to a few removals agents on saturday and they all took our details thank you very much we will be in touch blah blah but only Anglo told us that they were all serviced from London area and would cost us a chuffin fortune and advised us to look for somewhere closer to home . easier said than done however!!!! maybe i should start saving carrier bags now

I'm off to Asda later, i'll stash some for u!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alan and sam
I'm off to Asda later, i'll stash some for u!!!!!!!!

any boxes going spare would be great. hey all i need is some post-it notes and im sorted!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:41 pm
Sam
here and staying

any boxes going spare would be great. hey all i need is some post-it notes and im sorted!!

See how much do you need me, got bucket loads of them!!!!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 2:06 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to Sandown at the weekend to chat up some removal firms only to be told by the majority that it would cost us an arm and a leg to move from Devon as most companies are serviced from either London or Birmingham areas Bu**er!!

Anyone previously down this neck of the woods able to recommend a removal company please??
We moved with Bishop's in Exeter. Their quote was better than John Mason's in Liverpool. How much I can't say specifically as the quotes were passed on to dh's company but I know Bishop's was the most competitive.

HTH.

Sue
Old Oct 12th 2005, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
We moved with Bishop's in Exeter. Their quote was better than John Mason's in Liverpool. How much I can't say specifically as the quotes were passed on to dh's company but I know Bishop's was the most competitive.

HTH.

Sue

Great!! Thanks Sue - I will get on to them pronto - though not sure what the rush is at this stage

Ta
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:27 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

These might be worth a look
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wargod
These might be worth a look
have you got their number mate??
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:33 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

have you got their number mate??
Doh - good point Rooksie 1 - Wargod nil !!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wargod
Doh - good point Rooksie 1 - Wargod nil !!

i want to know what you spent £44000 on mate!?!?!?!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

viccollie has a spectacular aura aboutviccollie has a spectacular aura aboutviccollie has a spectacular aura about

Hi Rooksie, we're in Weston super Mare and the local 'crew' here are Nightingales, a family firm based here and I think Bristol/Gloucester
http://www.nightingaleremovals.com/worldwide.htm or use Thomweb (thompson directory)

They quoted us £3999 for 20ft container to Adelaide with their premium export service, Ithink they clean your house or something after they pack up
Claire
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:54 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Removals - South West Area

i want to know what you spent £44000 on mate!?!?!?!
HHmmmmmmm..............judging by what my brother has spent recently, I guess it would be the $100,000.00 bond for 5 points!

Glad we dont have to do that.

All our cash will be stuffed in the mattress when we go!

R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.