Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals - Pickfords Vs Doree Bonner

View Poll Results: Which is the better removal company to Australia ?
Pickfords
50.00%
Doree Bonner
50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Removals - Pickfords Vs Doree Bonner

Old May 6th 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Removals - Pickfords Vs Doree Bonner

Guys n Gals

Trying to decide who to use for a 20 foot or a 40 foot container to Melbourne. Had 7 quotes. Pickfords and Doree seem to be the best and know what they are talking about. Pickfords use their own people in OZ rather than a partner company. There's not much between them in terms of cost.

Can anyone help sway my decision ?

Has anyone had good OR bad experiences with either of these 2 companies recently ?

Thanks in advance
Old May 6th 2003, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Pickfords have been to quote today and seem very well versed in the removal process, Doree Bonner could not even be bothered to visit to quote. They just asked us to let them know what the other quotes were and they would match the quotes.......Not very professional in my opinion.
Also why bother to use a company that can only match quotes, I would want one cheaper !!!

Suggest you try PSS, also very professional and a reasonable quote
Old May 6th 2003, 9:05 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Removals - Pickfords Vs Doree Bonner

Originally posted by terryg
Guys n Gals

Trying to decide who to use for a 20 foot or a 40 foot container to Melbourne. Had 7 quotes. Pickfords and Doree seem to be the best and know what they are talking about. Pickfords use their own people in OZ rather than a partner company. There's not much between them in terms of cost.

Has anyone had good OR bad experiences with either of these 2 companies recently ?

Thanks in advance

At present I am swaying between PSS and Bishops Move only £150 between them and the dearer one has a cheaper insurance charge. They both give full insurance cover for damp mildew etc. so I am waiting for someone else to tell me which is best.

Dorree Bonner were not too far higher in price but they appeared to quote for far more cartons for my goods than the others I had visit. Nice representative though

Last edited by yafm; May 6th 2003 at 9:08 pm.
Old May 6th 2003, 9:12 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Terry, what are you planning to take over?, i,m curious as to what people take.
Old May 6th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rossi
Pickfords have been to quote today and seem very well versed in the removal process, Doree Bonner could not even be bothered to visit to quote. They just asked us to let them know what the other quotes were and they would match the quotes.......Not very professional in my opinion.
Also why bother to use a company that can only match quotes, I would want one cheaper !!!

Suggest you try PSS, also very professional and a reasonable quote

Cheers Rossi

Will give them a bash
Old May 6th 2003, 9:23 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Ahhh, I see, what is the ball park figure for that lot?
Old May 6th 2003, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by paulf
Ahhh, I see, what is the ball park figure for that lot?

Hi Paul

Just sent you a PM
Old May 7th 2003, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Dorre Bonner came to quote today, hubby thought they were very professional and answered all the questions correctly.
As were International Removal Company.

Losers at the moment are Brittania who say we need 40' container which the others said not. PSS could miss out cus not coming for 3 weeks...

John Masons coming tomorrow and may now also contact Pickfords.

Cheers
Mash...

Guys n Gals

Thanks in advance
Old May 7th 2003, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mashiraz
Dorre Bonner came to quote today, hubby thought they were very professional and answered all the questions correctly.
As were International Removal Company.

Losers at the moment are Brittania who say we need 40' container which the others said not. PSS could miss out cus not coming for 3 weeks...

John Masons coming tomorrow and may now also contact Pickfords.

Cheers
Mash...
Hi Mash

Do you mean The International Moving Company as we had them round today and were very impressed with service/knowledge and price
Old May 7th 2003, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

We couldnt decide whether to have Pickfords or Robinsons as both quoted same quantity ( we are going for sole use of a 40ft with a little spare room ), both were very proffessional and from previous posts on here there didn't seem to be much between them as far as efficiency etc.
However, Robinsons were cheaper by well over £1,000- so we've decided to go with them.
Masons we really didn't like the sales tecniques and we were very unhappy when we compared his answers to some of our questions concerning insurance and what was written on the insurance proposal form!!.
The Brittania guy didn't seem very confident in answering questions etc.
wendy
Old May 8th 2003, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got quotes from Brittania, Anglo Pacific and Pickfords,

pickfords were by far the most proffessional although not the cheapest. decided to go with them mainly because they have there own people in Oz.

Used Anglo Pacific last time they were very good but this time turned up late, did not quote for what I asked and not really interested in answering questions.

Also not bothering with insurance as its not worth the paper its written on. !!
Old May 8th 2003, 2:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Guys n Gals

Thanks in advance
Used Pickfords to move to Australia great service door to door and will use them to move back again , use a company with offices over here like Pickfords its no use trying to sort things out if you are a planet away from the movers.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 8th 2003 at 2:36 am.
Old May 8th 2003, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

Round about how much does it cost for international removals to NZ?

Regards

Last edited by icklepickle; May 8th 2003 at 6:44 am.
Old May 8th 2003, 6:19 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jan Strassen
Round about how much does it cost for international removals?

Regards
Get a quote size of load counts we are paying $8000 dollars to shift stuff back to the UK , no one can give a true price unless they know the size of the load.
The best advice you can get is bring all you can bar the telly and video , starting out again is bloody expensive.

Old May 8th 2003, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.