Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals? Which One?

Removals? Which One?

Old Jul 1st 2006, 9:36 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Removals? Which One?

Hi there all, I know that we have asked a question like this before but here we go: We asked which removal company to use and got some great feed back, so we got quotes off pss, john masons and whites. we didnt really take to the pss man as he was very vague and the other two seemed about the same. We wanted to go with whites as recommended on the forum as being good and cheap, but after a week we had no written quote from them and had to chase them up for a price. 9 days later we have got one and its more expensive than the others and now we are thinking if they cant even get a quote out what are they going to be like moving our items?

Anyway we are now thinking that john mason is now our best bet as they phoned us straight away and gave us a good price. Does anyone have an experiences with john mason? pete
Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default Re: Removals? Which One?

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi there all, I know that we have asked a question like this before but here we go: We asked which removal company to use and got some great feed back, so we got quotes off pss, john masons and whites. we didnt really take to the pss man as he was very vague and the other two seemed about the same. We wanted to go with whites as recommended on the forum as being good and cheap, but after a week we had no written quote from them and had to chase them up for a price. 9 days later we have got one and its more expensive than the others and now we are thinking if they cant even get a quote out what are they going to be like moving our items?

Anyway we are now thinking that john mason is now our best bet as they phoned us straight away and gave us a good price. Does anyone have an experiences with john mason? pete
Hi Pete,

I don't know anything about John Masons, but we are using European Van Lines....full service door to door with pack, uwrap, removal of waste etc.£2950 from London to Brisbane.
A friend of mine used them for removals to Canada, and couldn't fault them...so fingers crossed!!

Tanya
Old Jul 1st 2006, 8:01 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

Hi Pete, I'm in the same boat (so to speak). Had PSS, Masons, Pickfords and Whites round:

PSS took 3 weeks to come out to quote but provided the best info and reasonable quote.
Masons very prompt, reasonable quote, not much info, good reputation.
Pickfords very prompt, more expensive, not too sure about them.
Whites very prompt, estimator spent 10 minutes in the house then eventually gave the most expensive quote.

I'm now torn between PSS and Masons. What did you think of PSS other than the rep? Al.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

My parents used John Mason on one of their moves and had no trouble. We got quotes from Crown and John Mason then played them up against each other. Crown's quote was the cheapest in the end. We had heard good things about them and they seemed to have answers to every question we had, so we used them. They were fantastic, no trouble, nothing broken. Would use them again.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:53 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

My experience with John Mason has been excellent. They gave us first class service from door to door. I was v.impressed. Not one thing was scratched or damaged either! They weren't the cheapest, but they were worth every penny!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:42 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Welshie
My experience with John Mason has been excellent. They gave us first class service from door to door. I was v.impressed. Not one thing was scratched or damaged either! They weren't the cheapest, but they were worth every penny!
Al, I didnt see the pss man myself as I was at work but my wife said that he just didnt say much and she was the one asking questions to him all the time. She just though masons were better at info etc and there price was getter than whites. Think we will use masons now, will have to decide soon as will be moving out in 2 -3weeks! Pete
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

What about Doree Bonner? they were cheaper than Mason's, very prompt in providing a quote and the guy (Paul) that came round was very helpful.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Our PSS quote man was pretty useless too, but we decided to use them (can't remember why)

the guys that came to do the packing were completely different. All done on time, all fitted in and no breakages or damage at the other end. Would highly recommend them. We insured through Letton Percival to reduce costs further too.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
What about Doree Bonner? they were cheaper than Mason's, very prompt in providing a quote and the guy (Paul) that came round was very helpful.

DB are meant to be excellent and I will find out for sure when my stuff arrives on Tuesday!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:48 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

Al, I didnt see the pss man myself as I was at work but my wife said that he just didnt say much and she was the one asking questions to him all the time. She just though masons were better at info etc and there price was getter than whites. Think we will use masons now, will have to decide soon as will be moving out in 2 -3weeks! Pete
Think I may do the same after all the feedback. Not long for you then, I've got another 2 months!!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:04 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Anyone got the number for Doree Bonner
Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Anyone got the number for Doree Bonner
Thanks

its 020883036261

sj
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:33 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We used PSS and had no problems at all. The lads that came and did the packing were excellent and we had no problems at all. Would highly recommend them.

Lorraine
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:37 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

I can recommend Excess International.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:33 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
its 020883036261

sj
Thanks, but does not take incoming calls!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.