removals help

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

CBLORAC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default removals help

hi could somebody help. me and my family are moving to melbourne on the 26th june 2004 after finally recieving our visas. Does any one know or used a removal company who deal door to door. I would much appreciate some names.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:32 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Crown Relocations do door-to-door moves and seem to have a pretty good rep ( I hope so they are the ones I am going to use!)
Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Allied Pickfords are the only one I know with worldwide presence (i.e you use AP inthe UK and you get AP at the other end)
Otherwise firms just work in collaboration. Never used the but friends had a good move to Oz with them.

I have used Kent in Melbourne - twice - and they were brilliant. They have a number of different UK companies that they use (John Mason being one)
Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:49 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be going with either PSS or John Masons. Done a lot of reading about removals and both JM and PSS have good write ups.

Of course some people will have had bad experiences with them but generally from what I have read and been recommended its down to these two.

See you in Melbourne.......maybe
Old Feb 5th 2004, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

thanks every one for your info, ihave rung crown they are going to come and give us a quote and also pickfords, hope you all have a safe journey as well as your belongings.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by CBLORAC
thanks every one for your info, ihave rung crown they are going to come and give us a quote and also pickfords, hope you all have a safe journey as well as your belongings.
Crown are great we have had them in for a quote and they went through everything, they were so helpful, they are really good because once your stuff arrives in Oz, crown are the one's who deliver and unpack to your new address, they do everything door to door when most of the other companies i looked into only do it this side of the world and when it gets to oz they tender the work out to other companies, this is where problems arise. Crown gave us a good quote and couldn't have been more helpful, i picked them due to all the recommendation on this site, haven't saw 1 bad thing written about them.

Lisa
Old Feb 6th 2004, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

that was a very positive reply thanxs, now that i know that i know my belongings will be ok an their journey from uk to melbourne, not long now before we go, i can not wait neither can the rest of the family. thanx again to you all for your help