Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals from geordie land

Removals from geordie land

Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice
Default Removals from geordie land

Hi every one
Has anyone moved to oz from Geordie land and can recommend a good local removal firm to take our stuff to Perth?
We just have to pass the medical (next week) and sell the hoose then its oz hear we come
Any info would be appreciated
Cheers TASK
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals from geordie land

Originally Posted by task
Hi every one
Has anyone moved to oz from Geordie land and can recommend a good local removal firm to take our stuff to Perth?
We just have to pass the medical (next week) and sell the hoose then its oz hear we come
Cheers TASK

Not sure about local companies, but we have arranged for a couple of national companies to send someone out to quote for our shipping from the North East. We have picked a couple of companies who we have read about on this site.

Will let you know the estimates when we get them next week.

Jaymac
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown from the NE to Brisbane. The stuff was delivered almost to the day they predicted and not a single thing is broken, which is nice It cost us about £2k including insurance for 10m². They were very good in the UK before we left, very helpful, packers efficient. When the stuff was delivered though, they only unpacked the big stuff so now we have a load of boxes in the garage. I'm going to get on to them to come collect the empty boxes today and I'll let you know the response! I wouldn't not recommend them because of that though. Overall I've been happy with them.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Hi every one
Cheers TASK
We moved from Newcastle upon Tyne to the Sunshine Coast and used Crown. They weren't the cheapest, but they were very professional, easy to contact and kept us up to date. Couldn't fault them and would definately recommend them.

Rachel
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Hi every one
Cheers TASK
some friends of ours going to Sydney from Ashington used Pickfords, they said they weren't the least expensive but they were very good.Good luck on the meds!!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:03 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We have just sent all our stuff with a company from Darlington 'Robinsons International removals'. Very good and quick in total I think it was about 10m or 35 boxes and it came to just over £1300. Definetly worth a ring. The other firm which quoted were from Midlesbourgh 'Pearsons' same sort of money but we liked the people from Robinsons better.

Best of luck

Chris
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Cheers everyone we will look into all your suggestions and get a few quotes
thanks again TASK
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:14 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi every one
Cheers TASK
Gateshead to Perth, Allied Pickfords, full container, no complaints.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:28 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I phone Crown today and asked them nicely to come and collect my empty boxes. They said "No problem. That'll be $66 please". I told them I thought it was part of the service and they said only on the day of delivery. So I told them the guys who delivered it made it clear they didn't fancy unpacking it and that they appeared to need to be somewhere else sharpish.

I got a call about 40 mins later asking when was convenient to pick them up for free due to their mis-communication
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Our furniture is currently in transit with Crown. They have been faultless so far. Thouroughly professional. Highly reccommended.

Wmoore, where are you from in the North East?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:54 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Our furniture is currently in transit with Crown. They have been faultless so far. Thouroughly professional. Highly reccommended.

Wmoore, where are you from in the North East?
a little place called Middlesbrough, have you heard of it?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:47 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

we have used lv shipping in ponteland 10 boxes and a bike £240 they do containers to but you have to get them packed yourself
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:49 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by walla1
a little place called Middlesbrough, have you heard of it?
What he said
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kelli28
we have used lv shipping in ponteland 10 boxes and a bike £240 they do containers to but you have to get them packed yourself
have you got the number i,ll give them a ring
when you off then ?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
What he said

Small world. Usually go shopping down the Boro, and they are my football team. Used to go to Ayresome quite a lot as a kid, not been to the Riverside much lately though. We are about 10 miles away in Sedgefield, soon to be Grafton NSW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.