Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal/Shipping Companies

Removal/Shipping Companies

Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:43 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removal/Shipping Companies

Not sure if you are allowed to put names on here, but at the stage in finding out costs of shipping everything over to Oz. We live in East Sussex and wanted to know the GOOD companies and the BAD ones!!

Either leave another thread or PM me if you prefer to advise!!

Many thanks for your help
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:00 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future
Default Re: Removal/Shipping Companies

Originally Posted by toon williams
Not sure if you are allowed to put names on here, but at the stage in finding out costs of shipping everything over to Oz. We live in East Sussex and wanted to know the GOOD companies and the BAD ones!!

Crown are excellent, but expensive.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Location: Near Buckingham UK, but moving to Adelaide in February 2006.
Sian & Paul is on a distinguished road

We started a similar thread a while ago. Most people said that Crown were good/excellent but not the cheapest (we have booked with Crown now).

The only other company we considered seriously was Avalon/Team Relocations. Three people gave us negative reports (one very bad) and no positives. We also met with Doree Bonner (ok but no offices in Adelaide) and Britannia (sub-contracted and not that impressive when we met them).

We figured in the end it was worth paying more for peace of mind. Would not want to experience some of the hassles some people have had. Choose carefully and keep your fingers crossed!

Good luck.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:43 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hi we movbed over to NSW 2.25 years ago and got 10 quotes before leaving surrey. Did not use the cheapest (Bishops Move) but used PSS and were amazed at how good they were both ends. They also give you two weeks free storage of the complete locked and sealed con tainer at the UK end if you want some time in australia to find a place. They were very reasonable and I would recommend them to anyone. They were also one olf the only 3 who were right about the amount of space we required. Avalon told me I needed a 40 ft container and Crown offer me a 20 ft and half another one almost as expensive. (Personal Storage Limited head office Croydon
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Jim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant future

After reading many posts about shipping, it seems that you will get mixed reports of all the companies.

We chose Excess Baggage in the end, to be honest we didn't have anything of great value, so weren't too worried who we went with.

Result - everything turned up in perfect condition, both UK and Oz end had kept us informed from start to finish, Would definately use them again.

Good Luck
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown, very happy with their service paid £2,000 ish for a 20ft shared container.

All the best

Sue x
Old Jan 20th 2006, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Hello

In my opinion, I wish we had not bothered shipping anything accross here. We had to pack up our belongings in July when we moved out of our house. We only had 10 tea chest sized boxes as we had sold most items. We arrived in Brisbane on 3 Dec 2005 and we still have not got our shipping!

We have rang the Oz agent everyday since our UK agent told us the ship had arrived on 28 Dec 2005. We have been sent to various ports, customs house and quarantine to get various documents and have paid nearly $300 in fees. We already paid GBP350 to the UK agent and still have no shipping.

We have nothing in the boxes that should cause concern with customs but keep getting told when the ship is unpacked we can have our boxes that day!

It made me realise that I have been without this stuff for nearly 5 months and haven't missed any of the contents. Well, apart from my UK tax books (I am an accountant and need them for my job in Brisbane)

I have decided that it is much cheaper to buy the stuff again when you arrive. Obviously if things are sentimental/gifts then this cannot happen. But I would rather have paid excees baggage and brought them by plane.

Anyway, maybe I would think different if I had received a better service!

Good luck in finding a suitable shipping company

Shell
Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:25 am
Just Joined

ozbux is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't use Robinsons. Our furniture went missing for six months and was found at the docks in Southampton our file had been left on someones desk. One year of wrangling over compensation and we got UKP1000 in compensation. Rude and unhelpful, avoid.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

From the research I have done it seems that Crown are excellent but expensive and Excess International are excellent but cheap(er).

So I have gone for Excess and am hoping they are as good as some of the reviews I have read.

But I think there have been good/bad reviews about all companies at some stage, it just depends on personal experience, and maybe the crew that turn up on the day.

SS

Last edited by SuperSeagulls; Jan 20th 2006 at 7:19 am.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:18 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for advise everyone, that gives me 4 companies to start with so shall crack on, anyone with anymore info, will be greatly received!!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hi There

We had excess round last week, very helpful so far, nice guys that packed it, they have given us a months free storage too as we wont actually have our own place in Brisbane til beginning of April.

I think excess are better for smaller amounts though.

Will let you all know how we get on, on the other side.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 2:38 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sian & Paul
We started a similar thread a while ago. Most people said that Crown were good/excellent but not the cheapest (we have booked with Crown now).

The only other company we considered seriously was Avalon/Team Relocations. Three people gave us negative reports (one very bad) and no positives. We also met with Doree Bonner (ok but no offices in Adelaide) and Britannia (sub-contracted and not that impressive when we met them).

We figured in the end it was worth paying more for peace of mind. Would not want to experience some of the hassles some people have had. Choose carefully and keep your fingers crossed!

Good luck.
Most Doree bonner work in Adelaide is done by, Either GRACE REMOVALS, I.T.S, KENTS, WRIDGEWAYS .
All these companies have web sites, Crown and AlliedPickfords have depots in Adelaide, AS a point of intrest CROWN Worldwide and GRACE Removals are both owned by a Hong Kong based multinational,and are sister companies, both depots are within 1km of each other in western Adelaide.
You will find most international moving companies sub-contract their delivery work................................... mm
Old Jan 21st 2006, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We used Crown to ship us from UK to adelaide and found that they were not the most expensive, 3 other quotes we had were similar prices or dearer.

We have just had a few quotes done to move interstate and Crown were by far the cheapest out of them, ITS and Wridgeways so it looks like Crown will get the business again from us.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:26 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Removal/Shipping Companies

Originally Posted by fluffy1
Hi,

We used Crown to ship us from UK to adelaide and found that they were not the most expensive, 3 other quotes we had were similar prices or dearer.

We have just had a few quotes done to move interstate and Crown were by far the cheapest out of them, ITS and Wridgeways so it looks like Crown will get the business again from us.
Hi There'
i went through a number of the most used popular companies and for my container i was taking it was costing around beetween 5 of them not less than 2 grand.

then i usad excess international removers, www.overseasremovals.com they are a good company and they charged me £1744.00 3and 400 pounds cheaper than the rest.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

seamus3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi There

We had excess round last week, very helpful so far, nice guys that packed it, they have given us a months free storage too as we wont actually have our own place in Brisbane til beginning of April.

I think excess are better for smaller amounts though.

Will let you all know how we get on, on the other side.
We used Excess for a 40ft container including car last year and we got VIP service at both ends. The cost was £250 cheaper than the others. We had no problems whatsoever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.