Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal companies volume estimates

Removal companies volume estimates

Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:07 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Default Removal companies volume estimates

I've obtained quotes from 3 removal companies so far, and have obtained three vastly different volume estimates:

Allied Pickfords 1250 cuft
Crown Relocations 1350 cuft
PSS 1550 cuft

What's strange is that we have cleared loads of stuff since Pickfords were here and it's gone up by 300 cuft! Looking around the house I can't see how they get anywhere near those volumes. The Excess Baggage online site came up with a figure of 988 cuft.

Crown are also £1000 more than PSS for a 20ft container, and Pickfords £900 more than PSS. But then, PSS are saying I have a lot more volume to pay for :-(

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks,

TBEB
Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:17 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Removal companies volume estimates

Originally Posted by tbeb
I've obtained quotes from 3 removal companies so far, and have obtained three vastly different volume estimates:

Allied Pickfords 1250 cuft
Crown Relocations 1350 cuft
PSS 1550 cuft

What's strange is that we have cleared loads of stuff since Pickfords were here and it's gone up by 300 cuft! Looking around the house I can't see how they get anywhere near those volumes. The Excess Baggage online site came up with a figure of 988 cuft.

Crown are also £1000 more than PSS for a 20ft container, and Pickfords £900 more than PSS. But then, PSS are saying I have a lot more volume to pay for :-(

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks,

TBEB
We have just used PSS and so far they have been great. The volume they quoted us was almost spot on, they said 20ft container would suffice and we had around 30 cu ft left

Paul J
Old Oct 19th 2004, 7:38 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Removal companies volume estimates

Originally Posted by Jacko1
We have just used PSS and so far they have been great. The volume they quoted us was almost spot on, they said 20ft container would suffice and we had around 30 cu ft left

Paul J
Guess we will have to get rid of some more stuff then :-(

Pity you are going to Perth, Little Cornard is just down the road from Ipswich, we could have shared a container! We are off to Melbourne in 6 weeks.

TBEB