Reload this Page >

Removal Companies in Scotland

Removal Companies in Scotland

Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Johnny_F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal Companies in Scotland

Hi There,

Just new to this forum but I have been reading it for the past few months now and found it very helpful indeed.

I know there'll be a thread somewhere, but can anyone recommend a good international removal company for the Greater Glasgow or South West Scotland areas (i.e Dumfires, Newton Stewart, Stranraer)?

My girlfiend & I will be heading to Perth in September. Haven't got any quotes as yet and to be honest it's difficult to know where to start. I've heard "rumours" there's good removal firms from Dumfries. There's a company called Nelson Removals and there's also 1st Move International.

Has anyone from Scotland used these firms before? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Removal Companies in Scotland

Originally posted by Johnny_F
Hi There,

Just new to this forum but I have been reading it for the past few months now and found it very helpful indeed.

I know there'll be a thread somewhere, but can anyone recommend a good international removal company for the Greater Glasgow or South West Scotland areas (i.e Dumfires, Newton Stewart, Stranraer)?

My girlfiend & I will be heading to Perth in September. Haven't got any quotes as yet and to be honest it's difficult to know where to start. I've heard "rumours" there's good removal firms from Dumfries. There's a company called Nelson Removals and there's also 1st Move International.

Has anyone from Scotland used these firms before? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Crown Relocations based in Glasgow. We used the Leeds office and the service throughout has been absolutely fantastic. Not the cheapest quote we had, but it was worth paying the bit extra for them.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 2:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

Cheers.
try asking here
http://www.scotsinoz.com/default.asp
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jacko_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

We live in Edinburgh and are using Allied Pickfords for our shipping. I am sure you will find the bigger companies like Crown and Pickfords will come out to you even though you are not based in the bigger cities.

We found both Crown and Pickfords to be really professional, but in the end decided on Pickfords due to their faster shipping times. We will be in Perth in Sept and wanted our stuff there quite soon after arrival. Pickfords maximum shipping times were 9 weeks as opposed to Crowns which was 14 weeks.

Good luck

Mrs Jacko

QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnny_F
Hi There,

Cheers. [/QUOTE]
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

We're using Crown and it's only 8 weeks to Perth, thats for a sole use 20ft container.
I assume you're sharing a 40ft one Jacko?.
I thought Pickfords insurance was very expensive otherwise we might have used them
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jacko_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GengaKev
We're using Crown and it's only 8 weeks to Perth, thats for a sole use 20ft container.
I assume you're sharing a 40ft one Jacko?.
I thought Pickfords insurance was very expensive otherwise we might have used them

Aye we're in a shared container which leaves from London, so takes a shorter time to fill it.

I might have to check with Pickfords about the insurance, but I liked the idea of being able to insure certain items as opposed to all items. In saying that Mr Jacko wants to insure all, but I am positive Pickfords insurance was 3% which was identical to Crowns! Anyone know any differently?

Mrs Jacko
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs Jacko,

Very important!!!!.

Decide on your removal people only after filling in their insurance form and calculating your premium. Pickfords charge 4.5% if over a percentage of your goods are classed ( in their opinion) high risk or fragile.

We very nearly hired Pickfords because they seemed cheap. After insurance they were £600 dearer than Crown. Crown insurance is also better as they insure for pairs, sets, mildew and electrical items which show no physical signs of damage but don't work once they get there.

I don't work for Crown by the way, just impressed by their service.

The Genga Man
Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:57 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Hiya Johnny

I used allied pickfords in Glasgow they r superb. can get u the number etc if u want it....Leeanne McCloy is the person \I spoke with, and Gordon Clark came oot to give ua a quote

Cheers.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Johnny_F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by biggy
Hi Biggy,

If you could give the number for Allied Pickfords that would be great. Thanks again to everyone who's posted so far. Very much appreciated.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:47 pm
p8c
Forum Regular

p8c is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Biggy,

If you could give the number for Allied Pickfords that would be great. Thanks again to everyone who's posted so far. Very much appreciated.
We had both Crown and Pickfords out to give us quotes. We are in Glasgow.

We are going with Crown who came in quite a bit cheaper, but we are only shipping a small amount (75 - 80 cubic feet).

As I recall, the insurance was very similar for both, about 3%. One went up to 3.5% for "mechanical derangment" and "pairs" etc., the other allowed individual items to be specified for this, but at 4.5% per item. I think this worked out to be virtually the same insurance price. The details are a bit hazy as it was a few months ago.