Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal Companies

Removal Companies

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Removal Companies

Ok I know this subject has come up before, but I know need to get some quotes, so what I'm looking for is the companies NOT to use and the companies that you thought were so good they were beyond belief.

I need to start to phone around so I thought a heads up first and use the experience here
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:42 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removal Companies

Originally Posted by edie209
Ok I know this subject has come up before, but I know need to get some quotes, so what I'm looking for is the companies NOT to use and the companies that you thought were so good they were beyond belief.

I need to start to phone around so I thought a heads up first and use the experience here
here you go:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ers%2Fshipping
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks there is some great information there, but it would be good to know why people had bad experiences, which I guess means trawling through the forum posts.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:22 am

Thanks there is some great information there, but it would be good to know why people had bad experiences, which I guess means trawling through the forum posts.
usual stuff,

broken stuff, missing stuff. Alot of the problems are caused (unofficially) by the removers on the OZ side.

Where people have had stuff broken or missing, the insurance they have taken out doesnt cover them (watch out for that one) or they ages to process the claim.

Some of the worst cases I have seen on here are actually no fault of anybodys.

Ship sank/holes in the top of the container destroying the contents/containers going overboard in high seas. There is nothing you can do as far as your stuff is concerned but to hope for the best.

Try not to worry about it too much and dont give customs any reasons to have a really good nosey through the container.

The fines and fees that people are charged are the biggest bug bare that people have.

If customs find something in your container that they consider a risk item, they will call you, and ask if you want it treated or destroyed. Both options are quite pricey.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

You really hav done your homework

Things that customs would be interested in ??? wooden furniture would this be a big no no, we also have carvings we have bought in places like like Africa, and Indonesia. How about childrens bikes. What are they looking for ??? Mud, bugs, seeds am I on the right sort of line

Just found this site http://www.intlmovers.com/vervolg4a.asp it has enabled me to ask about 6 companies at once for quotes don't know if its any use to anyone?

Last edited by edie209; Apr 14th 2008 at 9:34 am.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:35 am

You really hav done your homework

Things that customs would be interested in ??? wooden furniture would this be a big no no, we also have carvings we have bought in places like like Africa, and Indonesia. How about childrens bikes. What are they looking for ??? Mud, bugs, seeds am I on the right sort of line
I havent got much, but what I do have I try to look after, and in a weird way, it's one of my favorite subjects

wood from certain countries (cuba, singapore are two that i can remember)

mud, seeds, plants, bugs, fruit are a definate NO, NO.

to make life easier for you I would just replace the kids bike tyres with brand new ones

same with hoover filters. Re-sole and heel your shoes too, saves a lot of effort. Just get one pair a week done then the cost doesnt feel so bad.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

You want bad experience, well here you go....Don't use Crown Cheeky f**kers stole alot of our stuff, including OH's Firearms, Snap on tools, Vacuum. The guy who stole them got sent to prison for 2 years, so justice was done, but left us with the scars.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You want bad experience, well here you go....Don't use Crown Cheeky f**kers stole alot of our stuff, including OH's Firearms, Snap on tools, Vacuum. The guy who stole them got sent to prison for 2 years, so justice was done, but left us with the scars.
you experience was counted in my research.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Just found this site http://www.intlmovers.com/vervolg4a.asp it has enabled me to ask about 6 companies at once for quotes don't know if its any use to anyone?
After filling in this form online i have now had 6 companies get in contact
Pickfords
Atlantic
Whites
Pss
and two I had not heard of before
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if its any use, but we are just sending boxes, as we have been given an allowance by my company of $1500 (£700) and have had a load of qoutes come back and the cheapest is Anglo Pacific who for that price i can send 95 cubic feet