Just Joined

sgtPommie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal Companies

We are getting quotes from...

Brittania
Allied Pickfords
Anglo Pacific
PSS

Anybody got anything to say about their experiences with these companies?

Is there somebody that stands out from the crowd who we have not considered above?

Look forward to your replies...

Steve
Old May 24th 2003, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default real crock hunter now.

go for Crown relocation in leeds mega cheap and mega service spot on. give em a ring.

tipper.
Old May 24th 2003, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

MaggieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removal Companies

look at thread "shipping companies" useful info to read
MaggieLou
Old May 24th 2003, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brittania, Pickfords, Anglo, PSS
Had a quote from all 3 and was only impressed with Pickfords, turned up on time, quoted fro what I asked and sent quote without me having to chase them. PSS I did not even bother to get round, not impressed with telephone manner. !

Prices were about the same give or take a few hundred, main reason for Pickfords is they use there own people and not agents.
Old May 24th 2003, 4:14 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removal Companies

Originally posted by sgtPommie
We are getting quotes from...

Brittania
Allied Pickfords
Anglo Pacific
PSS

Anybody got anything to say about their experiences with these companies?

Is there somebody that stands out from the crowd who we have not considered above?

Look forward to your replies...

Steve
We're some way away from choosing yet but very impressed with Harrow Green (mainly does company relocations but handles movers as well). They're at least worth a ring (020 8551 9188)

Perry
Old May 24th 2003, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: real crock hunter now.

Hi Tipper

Please could you give us the phone number for Crown in Leeds.
Where did you go to in oz? Did you have a full or half a container, and what were the prices? Is it door to door service and does it include packing?What kind of insurance did you use for your container?

Thanks Julie and Alex
Old May 24th 2003, 8:54 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

phone number for crown relocations is..0113 385 1003

http://www.crownrelo.com

they've given us a quote for 900cuft in a 20ft container approx £3,000. I think that we are going to use them. The bloke brought samples of the packing materials, pictures of how they do it etc..

they have offices all over the world including perth which is where we are going. they dont use agents, their own staff.
You pay approx 3% of value of goods that you are shipping. You have to put a price to the itinery list they do for you!

We had john mason's round too, but i was at work. My hubby didnt feel as impressed with his professionalism as with crown, so we well may choose crown but i would like to hear from anyone who has had a bad experience or good....

ok im waiting!!!!!!
Old May 24th 2003, 9:01 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by karawara88
Had a quote from all 3 and was only impressed with Pickfords, turned up on time, quoted fro what I asked and sent quote without me having to chase them. PSS I did not even bother to get round, not impressed with telephone manner. !

Prices were about the same give or take a few hundred, main reason for Pickfords is they use there own people and not agents.

We used PSS from UK to NZ they were great very helpful everything arrived on time and in one piece. They were the cheapest too.

Paula
Old May 25th 2003, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

We have finally booked Crown. Had a local firm, Pickfords and Crown round. Local firm were pants but thought it was worth a try. Had the other 2 out twice. Decided to go with Crown as they were cheaper and you can track your shipment on the net. Apart from that they both fulfilled our main requirement of having an office in Brisbane and not just using an agent. Both firms very professional - came down to money in the end - as always. Crown arrive Thursday 5th June - we leave for Brisbane (via 4 day rest in Fiji) on the 1oth June - AT LAST!!!
Old May 25th 2003, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Welshgirl, let us know how it goes. I fancy fiji too, maybe in a few years though

Mash...

Originally posted by welshgirl
We have finally booked Crown. Had a local firm, Pickfords and Crown round. Local firm were pants but thought it was worth a try. Had the other 2 out twice. Decided to go with Crown as they were cheaper and you can track your shipment on the net. Apart from that they both fulfilled our main requirement of having an office in Brisbane and not just using an agent. Both firms very professional - came down to money in the end - as always. Crown arrive Thursday 5th June - we leave for Brisbane (via 4 day rest in Fiji) on the 1oth June - AT LAST!!!