Remember me?

Old May 23rd 2005, 3:36 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remember me?

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you've not made the formal application for NZ PR yet, then I believe the five year residence requirement will apply. Only a New Zealand lawyer will be able to tell you if applying for the EOI is enough to get access to the 3 year residence requirement.

But even with a five year requirement for citizenship, if you are happy with New Zealand on its own merits, then that's the place to go. And you do have permanent residence straight away.

Jeremy

It really is a tough one, isn't it? I really dont know what to do now....Ill havce my decision for you all after our hols!

Lucy
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:20 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a tough one. Isn't there a faster way for lucyb (who looks employable) to get Aus PR if that's what she really wants?
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:54 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi Lucy

Welcome back.

I think i agree with Sue give some time to get the information sink in then look at the options.

I would say give NZ a shot as Jeremy has written. I think its a sound advice.

Remember what ever you decide we will remember you and be behind you for support.

Good luck with the decision

Badri

Originally Posted by JAJ
Lucy - one key difference is that with New Zealand (I presume) you'll be permanent residents from Day 1.

With SIR you won't be and will need to jump through further hoops to get PR at the end.

Also - when did you apply for NZ Immigration? Not the EOI, but the 'proper' migration application?

If before the 21 April 2005, you will only have three years to wait for NZ citizenship (provided you apply before 21 April 2010). Otherwise it's five years.

Either way, if you give New Zealand a go, settle there and become NZ citizens in due course, you'll be able to move to Australia later on. It's unlikely that Australia will completely exclude New Zealanders.

It's up to you, but in the circumstances I'd stick with the New Zealand option.

Jeremy
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:16 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Sorry for th late reply bird but I only just saw this thread.

Knowing you and how much you guys wanted Adeliade after your visit and that New Zealand was a 2nd thought I'd go for Adelaide.

Might not be the easiest and most logical option but I am pretty sure I know where your heart is and it aint NZ.
Kala
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:19 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Sorry for th late reply bird but I only just saw this thread.

Knowing you and how much you guys wanted Adeliade after your visit and that New Zealand was a 2nd thought I'd go for Adelaide.

Might not be the easiest and most logical option but I am pretty sure I know where your heart is and it aint NZ.
Kala

Yup, we sat on a beach in Antigua and deliberated, and in the end there was no contest! We are taking our second chance and going for it!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:21 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lucyb
Yup, we sat on a beach in Antigua and deliberated, and in the end there was no contest! We are taking our second chance and going for it!

Good on ya chick, Masive fingers crossed for you this time round.

Kala