Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

reluctant teenagers!!!

reluctant teenagers!!!

Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough
Unhappy reluctant teenagers!!!

how have other peoples teenage children taken to the idea of the 'big move? my 14 year old son is really excited but my 15 year old is not happy at all - he has agreed to 'give it go for a few months' on the condition that he can come come home if he doesn't like it. how have other peoples teenagers been?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:13 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reluctant teenagers!!!

believe me, I know the termoil of kids. we want to move to Oz (hubby and me). I have two sons,24 and 27. they want to move to Oz also but they dont seem to get around to filling out papers. I keep telling them, your grown, you have to do it yourself. I think they expect me to do it for them. I have a son,14 and daughter,15, as well. they say that if we are moving to a different continent, they would rather go to UK. finish their education, then move to Oz. OK, so I'll just wave my magic wand and make it all happen! I dont think any of them realise just how much is involved in all this. I feel like i'm being pulled in all directions!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reluctant teenagers!!!

Please give this issue an enormous amount of thought. There are plenty of people on here who will tell you not all teenagers settle easily. Quite a few have gone back and people end up with split families. At 16 here its car, parties and as I think Tinaj said many schools are one big social club, so imagine what its like if you dont fit in Education system very different and jobs for youngsters (once they pass the cheap labour rate of up to 17) are hard to come by, Uni places are not exactly abundant either.

Who knows your kids may arrive and get straight into the socail scene if not it might be difficult. But how can anyone really know tho, my now 10 year old loved it here when he was 6 but now he would go back to UK tomorrow. The 19 year old has been here on and off since 16 and coped brilliantly with 2 years of OZ high school but hes returning to UK with 2 aussie mates end of this year

Ideal world bring them at 2 they cant complain and they probably wont remember anything to miss Tough one really.