Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation Packages - what tends to be included?

Relocation Packages - what tends to be included?

Old May 13th 2006, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Relocation Packages - what tends to be included?

Hi,

My husband is in negotiations to start a job in the U.K prior to coming out to Oz. We are lucky in that they have a large office in Sydney and seem to be happy for us to transfer over there in time. Relocation packages/assistance was mentioned but being my husband he didn't ask what that included. Has anyone else transferred and if so what do these packages tend to include please?

Last edited by ginaf; May 13th 2006 at 4:47 pm.
Old May 13th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Packages - what tends to be included?

average relocation costs:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369713

Originally Posted by ginaf
Hi,

My husband is in negotiations to start a job in the U.K prior to coming out to Oz. We are lucky in that they have a large office in Sydney and seem to be happy for us to transfer over there in time. Relocation packages/assistance was mentioned but being my husband he didn't ask what that included. Has anyone else transferred and if so what do these packages tend to include please?

Old May 13th 2006, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I know two separate people whose company covered costs up to $AUD17K.

Suggest u do a search on these boards, including the US boards, as this q comes up alot (and some of my suggestions elsewhere arent included in the thread lquoted above.

Good luck
Old May 13th 2006, 9:08 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Friends of ours are going to Sydney in August and they have
$14000 to move furniture
4 X Business class seats
3 weeks temporary accomodation
3 months rent paid
2 Years schooling fees for kids
Private medical cover for 2 years
So not to bad at all!!!!
Old May 14th 2006, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

as far as I can tell all companies offer something different, but they can include the following:

container
flights
temp accom
cash advance for deposit on rental place.
LAHA (living away from home allowance) for period of sponsorship
allowance to get phone connected/initially stocking up on food etc
school fees
medical insurance

probably the best ones are flights, LAHA and school fees!
Go for the hard negotiation!
Old May 14th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We got:

Packing & shipping of personal effects - about £5000
4 weeks temporary accommodation - about $3600!
return flights (2 x adult, 1 x child) - about £2500
Xray fees (for us) medical fees (for DD) - £220

And the LAFHA - although that has taken a LOT of chasing from us - DH started there 3 months ago but they have only just sorted it out.... and this fortnight, instead of the extra $6-800 we were expecting, they had reduced DH's pay by that amount instead