Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation to Karratha!!!

Relocation to Karratha!!!

Old Mar 30th 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Cool Relocation to Karratha!!!

I 'm currently thinking about applying for a postion with a company in Karratha. Does anybody know anything about the town and area. Is there a high school and university etc. Is there anything to do there as it sounds a small place.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation to Karratha!!!

The first time I heard of Karratha was in the news - re: Cyclone Glenda

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18663575-2,00.html

I really hope everyone will OK up there.

Originally Posted by bushy
I 'm currently thinking about applying for a postion with a company in Karratha. Does anybody know anything about the town and area. Is there a high school and university etc. Is there anything to do there as it sounds a small place.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Luma
The first time I heard of Karratha was in the news - re: Cyclone Glenda

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18663575-2,00.html

I really hope everyone will OK up there.

I know some friends who have cousins there and visited recently, and they loved it! Fair enough it is a small town, but they found it friendly and safe, and with a great swimming pool! Sorry that's about all I remember, but they spoke very favorably of it and were quite happy to move there from London to join their cousins.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck with the application!
Old Mar 30th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search for Karratha on this forum

Here's one from last year:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=Karratha

Originally Posted by bushy
Old Mar 30th 2006, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Relocation to Karratha!!!

Thanks folks! Sounds different to say the least!! Gives us lots to think about.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Im Australian, my husband is English, we are moving to Aus later this year.
My family lived in Karratha for about 12 years. main reason people move there is that you can make lots of money working for the mining companies. But the down side is that you are living in a small town, with not much to do and very isolated, a 2 hour flight from Perth.
For a short stay I would recommend it though as the weater is great, and you can make your own fun, by going fishing, boating to islands, 4WD driving and camping.
They do have a couple of high schools and a Tafe College. It is good for younger kids.

Hope that has helped.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Relocation to Karratha!!!

Originally Posted by treefingers
Im Australian, my husband is English, we are moving to Aus later this year.
My family lived in Karratha for about 12 years. main reason people move there is that you can make lots of money working for the mining companies. But the down side is that you are living in a small town, with not much to do and very isolated, a 2 hour flight from Perth.
For a short stay I would recommend it though as the weater is great, and you can make your own fun, by going fishing, boating to islands, 4WD driving and camping.
They do have a couple of high schools and a Tafe College. It is good for younger kids.

Hope that has helped.
Thanks,it does help.We are thinking it could be OK for a couple of years and then we'd want to move to somewhere bigger.We're a bit worried about the standard of the schooling there,both the kids are high school age and one is at Alevel stage in September.
We'll wait and see what else comes up.