Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation Expenses

Relocation Expenses

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:40 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Relocation Expenses

Hi I have a second stage job interview tomorrow to discuss pay etc, I am going to ask if they will pay any relocation expenses e.g. rental.

Anybody had any success getting their relocation expenses payed by a future employer ?.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Relocation Expenses

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Hi I have a second stage job interview tomorrow to discuss pay etc, I am going to ask if they will pay any relocation expenses e.g. rental.

Anybody had any success getting their relocation expenses payed by a future employer ?.
Hi sorry I can not answer your question, I just wanted to wish you good luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeilCk

Our relocation expenses will be paid by my husband's exisiting company, so that's not quite the saem, however we havevfriends who have moved to NZ this week, and they had 4000 GBP worth of expenses paid (supposedly to cover shipping and flights - I'm not sure whether it did entirely in the end) and they are being put up in a serviced apartment for 2 weeks while they find somewhere to live too. My theory is, if you don't ask, you don't get, and some companies have good policies in place for exactly this sort of thing (others can be terrible!).It's worth doing a bit of legwork to find out exactly what is available to you; even though my husband works in the HR dept nobody told us initially that we could have $3000 to spend on a spouse computer system as part of our expat deal (cobblers children's shoes and all that), but we found this out from speaking to a couple of the other expats in the company and then were able to take advantage of it. If the company takes on a lot of employees from overseas they might have strignent policies in place, whereas if you are a one off you might need to 'suggest' certain things.

Good luck with it!
Suzi
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Any UK to Aus military move is paid for by the Australian Defence Force. They also pay flights (business class) and re-imburse visa and medical costs when you are in country and in your place of work, so the initial outlay, which everyone has to shell out, is refunded eventually, which is nice!

I am officially contracted for a minimum of 3 years though, so no going home even if we (well, I!!!) want to, so it does have a downside, if you can call it that.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:06 pm
Wishing for summer!

Oaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant future

We have got quite a good expense package. With the clause that we have to pay it back if my husband leaves his job in the first 12 months
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My husband recently had to move interstate for a job and they paid for his flight, furnished rental for 4 weeks and a car for 4 weeks. He didn't ask, they offered.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:17 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My husband recently had to move interstate for a job and they paid for his flight, furnished rental for 4 weeks and a car for 4 weeks. He didn't ask, they offered.
Hi

Its seems quite common that companies will pay relocation costs especially if they are sponsoring you. We're going on a 457 and all the companies we or OH considered would offer re-location costs. If your going through a recutiment agent, get them to ask for you.

Good luck
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

We are getting our relocation paid up to £5000. Didn't have to ask was just included.