Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation agent wanted in Brisbane area

Relocation agent wanted in Brisbane area

Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Philhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the roughPhilhowe is a jewel in the rough
Default Relocation agent wanted in Brisbane area

Hi, and thanks for reading this...

Could anyone make a personal recommendation for a good agent to assist in our relocation to Brisbane? Ideally it should be someone who has actually made the move themselves.

Thanks,

Phil
Old Feb 1st 2007, 7:04 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Relocation agent wanted in Brisbane area

Hi there,

We moved to Brisbane 2 months ago and used a company called poms personal touch (www.pomspersonaltouch.com), they were excellent and we'd highly recommend them. They found a rental for us and sorted it all out before we arrived and bought items that we wanted for arrival so we had beds, beddings, kettle, etc - all the important things you need!!! It was great, it meant we could just arrive and crash out!

They're just starting out too so keen too please! It was nice to arrive on foreign ground and be greeted by friendly faces.

Also if we need any help for anything now, I know I can just ring them and it's no problem.

Hope this of some help! Good luck!

Jane
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation agent wanted in Brisbane area

Originally Posted by PJA
Hi there,

We moved to Brisbane 2 months ago and used a company called poms personal touch (www.pomspersonaltouch.com), they were excellent and we'd highly recommend them. They found a rental for us and sorted it all out before we arrived and bought items that we wanted for arrival so we had beds, beddings, kettle, etc - all the important things you need!!! It was great, it meant we could just arrive and crash out!

They're just starting out too so keen too please! It was nice to arrive on foreign ground and be greeted by friendly faces.

Also if we need any help for anything now, I know I can just ring them and it's no problem.

Hope this of some help! Good luck!

Jane

How much did you pay for this service? if you dont mind me asking
Rod
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:14 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Hi, it depends how much you want bought for you, but I think their basic fee was about 425GBP which included beds, towels, pots and pans, etc - to be honest we couldn't quite see how they made their money!

I'm sure their fees are on their website.

Jane
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Halo has a spectacular aura aboutHalo has a spectacular aura aboutHalo has a spectacular aura about

We are using Davina and Kerry at www.move2brisbane.com.au - we have found them very helpful so far. We are activating our visas in Feb. We can update better after that.