Reload this Page >

relocation agent

relocation agent

Old May 6th 2012, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

palfreyman1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default relocation agent

hi all

Ive just booked my flights to brisbane for the 28th maywe will be flying in to brisbane in early hours so
has anybody used a reloction agent to find short term accomodation
and a car hire for when we arrive in brissie as my employer has a agent they use but they cost $2500 and this comes out my reloction package dont no what to do im just finding it hard to find a contained unit any help will be very welcome
thaanks all
Old May 6th 2012, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: relocation agent

It has been asked many times. Consensus seems to be if you have to pay for it yourself don't bother but if your company pays then why not. In your case, would you be able to spend that part of the relocation package on something else?

Maybe the best thing to do for arrival in the early hours is prebook a hotel for a couple of nights, or a serviced apartment for a few weeks even (your relocation package will cover it), take a taxi at the airport and pick up your car the next day.
Old May 6th 2012, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

hi bermudashorts
thanks for that yeah we could spend the cash on other thing like rent or car hire for when we get there but i have to put the money up front and claim it back when i start work where are you at the monent are you in brisbane ?
Old May 7th 2012, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I arrived and got a hotel. Didnt need a car and still dont. The trains cover a lot of areas..
Old May 7th 2012, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Im in Brisbane..
Old May 7th 2012, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Hi tramps mate which hotel did you stay at and how long before you got a rental place
Old May 7th 2012, 9:29 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

When we moved over DH's employer sorted out 4 weeks' temporary accommodation for us in a hotel. We then paid for a relocation agent out of the package we got from the employer. Biggest waste of money ever! We wanted the agent to help us secure a perm rental but, in reality, they were just a glorified taxi service. I'd not bother hiring the relocation agent, I'd do like BS suggested - stay in a hotel for a few days and get taxis/hire a car yourself. We had the same set up - we paid and claimed back. We just stuck the lot on credit card. I'd also ask your employer for hotel recommendations. The one they booked us into was one that they used regularly for conferences etc.

ETA: We're in Sydney.
Old May 7th 2012, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Hi geordie george,

Thanks for that I will get intouch with my employer and see if they have a hotel that they could recomend so are you from newcastle with that name

thanks

george
Old May 7th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I had a motel for 5 days, then work accommodation for 3 weeks.

If you want a temporary place get on gum tree. I sorted a place out in 2 days. Then you have a base to sort yourself out properly.
Old May 7th 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by palfreyman1234
hi all

Ive just booked my flights to brisbane for the 28th maywe will be flying in to brisbane in early hours so
has anybody used a reloction agent to find short term accomodation
and a car hire for when we arrive in brissie as my employer has a agent they use but they cost $2500 and this comes out my reloction package dont no what to do im just finding it hard to find a contained unit any help will be very welcome
thaanks all
Hi,

What we did (many years ago now) and would do it this way again....we booked a couple of weeks in a holiday apartment, we just did that via holiday books and phone calls (internet was not available back then) while in the UK, after a couple of days upon arriving in Aus we hired a car while we found a good 2nd hand car to buy. If you have never been to Aus or Brisbane before I would not rush into buying or renting a home until you know the area you want to settle in...ie if work is in a certain area look near to that area for rentals....or if you need good schools look in the area that suits best for schools and work...but take it slowly have a good look around (saves moving again in the long run) try not to stress at first if you have not been to Aus before,it might seem a little different but things soon become "normal"...use the internet for accommodation. Good luck
Old May 7th 2012, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

hi everyone

thank for all the good advise

cheers george