Reload this Page >

Relocating to NZ

Relocating to NZ

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Sniganoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to NZ

Hi,

I am currently living in the USA on an H1-B visa. I only have 2 years left on it before it expires and a Green Card looks unlikely at this late stage. I am considering a move to NZ. My profession is IT and am hoping that NZ looks favourably on IT people entering their country.

If anyone can advise me or point me to information as to the best/fastest/easiest way to go about moving to NZ I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocating to NZ

There's been quite a few NZ IT questions on the forum. Try a search on here and the immigration forum with 'IT jobs' or 'IT job market' etc. And don't forget if you haven't already, to trawl through he NZIS website too www.immigration.govt.nz

Can't help myself as I know nothing about IT, but you should get a few replies from others? Anyone?

Good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Sniganoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocating to NZ

Thanks for your reply. I will definately do some searching and investigation. Just looking for some info on someone who has been there and done that really.

I see you are in Auckland. That is where I would look to move to. Can you tell me how you got there and what it is like?

I love where I am now (Colorado) but my visa runs out in 2 years and Green Card is probably not an option now so I am looking elsewhere. NZ seems to be a place I would love to live.

Many thanks,

Steve

Originally posted by The Simpsons
There's been quite a few NZ IT questions on the forum. Try a search on here and the immigration forum with 'IT jobs' or 'IT job market' etc. And don't forget if you haven't already, to trawl through he NZIS website too www.immigration.govt.nz

Can't help myself as I know nothing about IT, but you should get a few replies from others? Anyone?

Good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

Provided you register an interest with the NZIS and secure an approved job you should be ok.