Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rellies and a lack of Stat Decs!

Wikiposts

Rellies and a lack of Stat Decs!

Old Feb 19th 2004, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
First, the marriage certificate - the celebrant can write a Stat dec, that then gets attached to the certificate, and we then have to apply again for a copy of both!!!Yeah, it can be done, but not by next Friday (when my visa expires!)
The Stat decs from the rellies, I'm just furious - one of them is even a teacher and his has got grammar and spelling mistakes - in just 6 lines!!!

I'm sorry I'm whinging, especially with guys out there like WBB (you WILL get yours, I feel it in my bones!!), and Bundy - puts it all in perspective. Its just sooooo annoying, when everything else has been checked and ready for ages. Tonight I was looking for other stuff to put in, like envelopes (thanks Trevglas!) - we have loads of stuff to say we are going to Melbourne next month, for the Grand Prix - envelopes in both names......but guess what - on mine they say "crescent" not "street"!!! Has someone up there got it in for me!

And I now have a teddy bear to mend, as AQIS (the darlings) opened one of my boxes with a knife, and sliced through the fur of my 3 feet tall yellow teddy!! Surgery needed before all his stuffing comes out. Take note - don't put teddies at the top of your boxes!
That's teddy abuse!!!
:scared:
Bloomin outlaws eh? Hope it all gets sorted soon!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road

awh your poor teddy
can you not get a bridging visa when your existing one runs out? Thats what I had to do when my tourist visa ran out. Its called a bridging visa A i think
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Lany, I will be on a bridging visa from the end of Feb, until they grant the residence one; trouble is that I can't get the bridging visa unless the application is lodged with DIMIA by the end of the month. Also, it will cost us an extra $200 if I apply after the Pros Spouse runs out.

have just realised that one of the Bloke's dipstick rellies didn't even write my name on the form!!!! And he's a teacher! At least the other one we can take over to his brother this weekend, and I shall stand over him while he writes something slightly more personal on it!!!

As for teddy - surgery will be open for business tonight; I think i can repair the damage. AQIS were very thorough - unpacked a box last night that had several smaller boxes of china ornaments inside, they had emptied all of them and looked at the individual items.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rellies and a lack of Stat Decs!

Just letting off steam here - and if anyone who has gone successfully from Pros Spouse to Temp Residence has any comments, please make them!

Our application for my Temp Residence visa has to go in within a week; for the Prospective Spouse visa everyone was gushingly wonderful with their Stat Decs, and all the Bloke's family said of course they'd do more for the residence visa, as we need Aussie ones. So with a week to get it in, I am finally presented with two statements; both about 6 lines long, saying that we have got married and seem happy. I could scream! Thats it!! All they've put! Thats sure as heck gonna to convince DIMIA that we're in an ongoing committed relationship isn't it! And because they've left it till now I haven't time to get any others done.

I can see that I shall be joining WBB in the group of people from whom more info has been requested. When I think of the amount of work, and pile of evidence, that I have put into both these applications I am just furious cos I can see the result looming now.

PS And to add insult to injury the dopey celebrant has got The Bloke's date of birth wrong on the marriage certificate....anyone see a rejection looming on the horizon?
I cannot see a rejection looming Polly so stop worrying.

If I were you I would lodge what you have and get back onto your rellies. Maybe put in a note saying that more stat decs are on the way. Just get your application in on time and submit more stat decs later on.

I wrote out what I wanted the less intelligent rellies to write to avoid your situation. I then watched over them as they wrote it and made sure they waited so they could sign in front of the JP. The hard thing is doing that without being patronising.

As far as wording goes what matters is that they state they believe you are in a mutually committed relationship. The length of the statement is irrelevant.

Unless you are going to be travelling the processing time is an irrelevant frustration. I would contact the celebrant and arrange another stat dec.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bondi, thats a good idea - I shall tell them there are more Stat decs en route.
The problem I can see is that they are both very short, and could be about anyone! Theres nothing "personal" in them, and on reading them you could believe that the authors haad no idea who they were writing about!
As much as anything it will worry me cos in order to leave Oz on the bridging visa I have to submit an application for it when I have a reason for wanting to travel, so if I need to go to the UK in a hurry...well, I'm trying not to think about it.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Bondi, thats a good idea - I shall tell them there are more Stat decs en route.
The problem I can see is that they are both very short, and could be about anyone! Theres nothing "personal" in them, and on reading them you could believe that the authors haad no idea who they were writing about!
As much as anything it will worry me cos in order to leave Oz on the bridging visa I have to submit an application for it when I have a reason for wanting to travel, so if I need to go to the UK in a hurry...well, I'm trying not to think about it.
I would not worry as long as what they say means that you are in a mutually committed relationship. I think the case officers would rather short and sweet rahter than a Mills and Boon epic.