Reload this Page >

relationships and emigrating

relationships and emigrating

Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default relationships and emigrating

Hi

Just wondering how stressful your all finding /found it? An how this impacts on family relationships?

Do you get really stressed with each other or does it pull you together?

Jen
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:55 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: relationships and emigrating

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hi

Just wondering how stressful your all finding /found it? An how this impacts on family relationships?

Do you get really stressed with each other or does it pull you together?

Jen

well - in terms of relationships with my family its been better after we left the UK. I get on much better with my sister and my parents as when we see each other its always a special time and because I dont get involved in all the trivial shit stirring that goes on we dont have any rows - they do it between themselves!

In terms of the hubby and me - it was HUGELY stressful as he got the job when I was 7 months pregnant, he left when Babe was 8 days old, so I had new baby, cesaerean to recover from, a 21 month old lunatic first child, house to pack and ship, cars to sell and all the usual stuff ON MY OWN!.

He then returned to collect me 10 weeks later by which time I was ready to committ a messy murder - didnt help that when I picked him up at Gatwick (6am) which meant getting up at 3.30am to feed babies and drive there .... he came off the plane and said he'd treated himself to first class as the last 10 weeks had been quite stressful for him....

its amazing he's still alive

but living here has made us as a family truly happy, he loves his job, he's relaxed, I'm relaxed, no financial worries and we are stronger than we ever were before
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by islandmom
well - in terms of relationships with my family its been better after we left the UK. I get on much better with my sister and my parents as when we see each other its always a special time and because I dont get involved in all the trivial shit stirring that goes on we dont have any rows - they do it between themselves!

In terms of the hubby and me - it was HUGELY stressful as he got the job when I was 7 months pregnant, he left when Babe was 8 days old, so I had new baby, cesaerean to recover from, a 21 month old lunatic first child, house to pack and ship, cars to sell and all the usual stuff ON MY OWN!.

He then returned to collect me 10 weeks later by which time I was ready to committ a messy murder - didnt help that when I picked him up at Gatwick (6am) which meant getting up at 3.30am to feed babies and drive there .... he came off the plane and said he'd treated himself to first class as the last 10 weeks had been quite stressful for him....

but living here has made us as a family truly happy, he loves his job, he's relaxed, I'm relaxed, no financial worries and we are stronger than we ever were before

My god I am amazed he's still alive??? I'm about ready to do my hubbsy over and we've only just sent the forms off.

Maybe i'll move out with the kids and leave him to deal with it all, as it was his idea in the first place, then maybe he'll learn not to have ideas

Jen
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by islandmom

1st Class, oh that did bring a smile to my face, doncha just luv em???

Moving to Spain was great in the 1st year then we moved into our new house which had just been built but then needed the garden and other works doing to it, stress levels went up then. Being away from the family and their nit picking was great too, we all get on a lot better when we see each other and appreciate the time we have with one another. Now we are planning to go to Aus things are heating up again and the thought of uprooting and starting afresh is a little daunting but we have had such a good experience here and survived I feel we can survive anything. I think its natural to feel stressed and of course we take it out on the ones we love, unfortunately. Just remember to apologise afterwards
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulainspain
1st Class, oh that did bring a smile to my face, doncha just luv em???

Moving to Spain was great in the 1st year then we moved into our new house which had just been built but then needed the garden and other works doing to it, stress levels went up then. Being away from the family and their nit picking was great too, we all get on a lot better when we see each other and appreciate the time we have with one another. Now we are planning to go to Aus things are heating up again and the thought of uprooting and starting afresh is a little daunting but we have had such a good experience here and survived I feel we can survive anything. I think its natural to feel stressed and of course we take it out on the ones we love, unfortunately. Just remember to apologise afterwards
OK will get hubby to sign up to britishexpats and you can tell him to remember ot apologise to me after he upsets me Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by JenJen
OK will get hubby to sign up to britishexpats and you can tell him to remember ot apologise to me after he upsets me Thanks

There's the spirit

Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulainspain
There's the spirit

Maybe that s what he needs he needs to get the laptop online again and then we can both chat on here and you can all gang up on him make him be nice

Jen