Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rego renewal notice arrived late!

Rego renewal notice arrived late!

Old May 9th 2012, 7:49 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rego renewal notice arrived late!

So my OH is on exercise (he's in the army) and today his rego renewal notice arrived for a new motorbike he bought in March. It says he has to pay by the 1st May or pay the additional fee, yet it arrived on the 9th May, suggestions?

EDIT: Should I just pay the lesser amount then let them contact me to ask why?

Last edited by Jen1977ni; May 9th 2012 at 8:03 am.
Old May 9th 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rego renewal notice arrived late!

Phone them straight away and explain the situation in respect of the late delivery. They will let you know which amount to pay. My rego papers arrived whilst I was away on holiday and I was able to pay the original fee immediately by credit card without penalty. Hopefully you will be able to do the same.
Old May 9th 2012, 10:58 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
Phone them straight away and explain the situation in respect of the late delivery. They will let you know which amount to pay. My rego papers arrived whilst I was away on holiday and I was able to pay the original fee immediately by credit card without penalty. Hopefully you will be able to do the same.
I did, and they refused to speak to me or even take a note of the fact I'd called! Off down to the transport office this afternoon for me GRRR
Old May 10th 2012, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I did, and they refused to speak to me or even take a note of the fact I'd called! Off down to the transport office this afternoon for me GRRR

Have hope

I just got a traffic fine from USA for December, its been all over the place, and the $5 (unmarked!) toll fee which had grown to $300, was reduced by a very nice man on the phone back to $20. Hearing ' have a nice day maam ' was very sweet too sitting in OZ.