Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

registration as Nurse in NSW

registration as Nurse in NSW

Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice
Question registration as Nurse in NSW

Dear All,
Was wondering if anyone could help.
I received a letter form NMB for NSW in Australia saying that i was eligable for registration as a nurse and that it was anticipated that registartion would be granted when i attend the boards office with some other documentation (passport and original letter). If i don't finalise my application (i presume that means turn up at the office) within one year of the date of the letter i will have to apply again.
The problem is that is has taken them 12 months (having lost my application along the way) to assess my application. During this time the timescale for me hoping to get to australia has slipped a bit due to family commitments.
I originally thought the board would send me the documentation of my registration then i would apply to the ANC and then start my application for a visa.
Probably a daft question but does anyone know if i ask the board will they send the documents instead of me having to travel to Australia just to pick them up?
thanks for any response in advance,
regards,
nirrade.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:48 am
Just Joined

leisa_w is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: registration as Nurse in NSW

Hi there it is probably best if you call them... They arn't the most efficient to deal with but your best bet would be to just call them. Also I believe that all states and territories in Australia will soon be having ONE federal registration, as many nurses (like myself) who live close to state boarders often practice in more than the one state. This will then rule out the paying of double registration fees ie) QLD fee and NSW fee. Rules in regards to your question may change when this occurs. I was told it was to be July this year, but I haven't heard anything definate from the board. Good luck

Leisa