Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Registering microchip

Registering microchip

Old Oct 12th 2011, 5:23 am
Just Joined

richab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nice
Default Registering microchip

Hi there

Does anyone know how to go about registering your dog's microchip on the Australian database.

Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering microchip

In NSW you have to register your dog with the local council and I believe that they update one of the registers. I need to get my dog registered and also get the husband to update the register he was orginally on.

Maybe look at your local council website and see what it says about dog registration.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 6:12 am
Just Joined

richab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nice

Thanks for that. We're in Perth and he has his local council registration tag but the application for that doesn't ask anything about his microchip so I think the microchip database is a completely separate thing.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

RachH will become famous soon enoughRachH will become famous soon enough

our dog was microchipped in the uk and when he had his first vets visit over here they registered his existing number on the current database...thought they'd have to put a new chip in but they just simply updated his details. i think the chip numbers are recognised world-wide.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Theres more to it - there are more than one database. Emelems knows all about it cause she sorted mine out when I lost him and was frantic. I registered with the one my vet told me in NSW but it was the national one that found him.

so the vet listed me on one and then she put me on this one:
Australasian Animal Registry
Locked Bag 4317, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Phone: 02 9704 1111 Fax: 02 9704 1122
ABN: 69 793 644 351