Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Registering with a Doctor/Dentist in Sydney

Registering with a Doctor/Dentist in Sydney

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

easygroove is on a distinguished road
Question Registering with a Doctor/Dentist in Sydney

Were moving out to Sydney in a month and once the dust has settled we will need to register with a local doctor and dentist. Were both staying in Australia for 4 years on a long stay temporary business visa (457). I have all the medical records etc from the UK. Do i need anything else? Whats does the registration process involve?

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:39 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering with a Doctor/Dentist in Sydney

Originally Posted by easygroove
Were moving out to Sydney in a month and once the dust has settled we will need to register with a local doctor and dentist. Were both staying in Australia for 4 years on a long stay temporary business visa (457). I have all the medical records etc from the UK. Do i need anything else? Whats does the registration process involve?

Thanks
There is little or no registration process with the majority of Doctors or Dentists and none of the lot I have seen have any interest in any prior notes - including serious conditions like deafness! In fact for ease of bulk billing I just visit a walk in clinic.

One local surgery would have liked us to have pre joining medicals to assess us but wanted a rather large fee to go with it also so we didn't bother.

Make sure your 457 job comes with decent medical insurance. and it has lots of dental cover especially with kids of braces age.

......it realy isn't too bad, just do not get too sick :scared:

Cheers Sandra