Reload this Page >

Register at Centerlink online??

Register at Centerlink online??

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

kflee0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Register at Centerlink online??

Dear members,

Can someone tell me how I can register at Centerlink online? I went to Centerlink website and couldn't find a registration online link. Can someone kindly post the website link here. I presented myself at centerlink and wanna to register and they had not idea what was that.

Thanks
Mike
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:32 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Register at Centerlink online??

Originally Posted by kflee0
Dear members,

Can someone tell me how I can register at Centerlink online? I went to Centerlink website and couldn't find a registration online link. Can someone kindly post the website link here. I presented myself at centerlink and wanna to register and they had not idea what was that.

Thanks
Mike
they have an online services page but afaik you have to present in person intially to be registered by centrelink
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:53 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

You can do it by phone or in person first of all and when you have your CAN (customer action number, I think) you can then register online to keep your details up to date.

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by gedge
they have an online services page but afaik you have to present in person intially to be registered by centrelink
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

greentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the rough

You go to the centrelink homepage:

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/

On the right underneath Logon you find "Register for online services".

After you have done that you can lodge an online-claim which will issue an CAN
in the end and tells you about the documents you need to provide.
That CAN you need to complete the forms (can be printed from the site) that need to be lodged in person at your nearest centrelik office.

Hope that helps.
GTF
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:46 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Really!! Isn't it how it always goes that it depends who you talk to? When I registered in January I couldn't find how to do it online and when I phoned the person I spoke to said I had to phone or go in person. C'est la vie, I got someone who didn't know what she was on about....

Thanks for that.

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by greentreefrog
You go to the centrelink homepage:

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/

On the right underneath Logon you find "Register for online services".

After you have done that you can lodge an online-claim which will issue an CAN
in the end and tells you about the documents you need to provide.
That CAN you need to complete the forms (can be printed from the site) that need to be lodged in person at your nearest centrelik office.

Hope that helps.
GTF
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

greentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the rough

I didnt talk to someone at all. I just went to the site and did what I explained above.
Seems like its better sometimes not to talk to someone at all.......

GTF
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:58 am

I didnt talk to someone at all. I just went to the site and did what I explained above.
Seems like its better sometimes not to talk to someone at all.......

GTF
i have found the site to be fairly difficult to use
for instance many options you click on take you down a path before tellign you that you do not enough permissions to take a certain action (like updating my income estimates) there is sometime then an option to gain the additional rights which i click on only to be told i don't have permission to that action
i give up and pick up the phone
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

i have found the site to be fairly difficult to use
for instance many options you click on take you down a path before tellign you that you do not enough permissions to take a certain action (like updating my income estimates) there is sometime then an option to gain the additional rights which i click on only to be told i don't have permission to that action
i give up and pick up the phone
I realized those permission denied as well but I didnt really look into it because it was just while browsing the site and not while lodging my online claim.

What do you have to do to gain permission and why is there a difference in permission at all?

Cheers
GTF
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:18 am

I realized those permission denied as well but I didnt really look into it because it was just while browsing the site and not while lodging my online claim.

What do you have to do to gain permission and why is there a difference in permission at all?

Cheers
GTF
i've no idea, i gave up on the whole thing like i said and called them with my updates
maybe next time i'll be bothered to ask
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:30 am
Look at moi!!!

I spent ages doing the permissions which involved providing all kinds of questions and answers which only I should know. Doesn't help that the site is very slow. Also, when I come to log on again I have a multitude of secret questions to remember answers too......

Lou
xx

i've no idea, i gave up on the whole thing like i said and called them with my updates
maybe next time i'll be bothered to ask