Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Refrigeration/aircon installation engineers

Refrigeration/aircon installation engineers

Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Refrigeration/aircon installation engineers

Hiya All,
are there any refrigeration/air conditioning installation engineers out there?
I would love to hear from any Brits that are in this field and also any Australians, especially from QLD. Fingers crossed, I will be looking for work this time next year, if not sooner.

Cheer a lot in advance
Dave

(daveandkathh)
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Refrigeration/aircon installation engineers

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Hiya All,
I would love to hear from any Brits that are in this field and also any Australians, especially from QLD. Fingers crossed, I will be looking for work this time next year, if not sooner.

Cheer a lot in advance
Dave

(daveandkathh)

HAVE I PUT THIS THREAD ON THE RIGHT POST????????
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

HAVE I PUT THIS THREAD ON THE RIGHT POST????????

I think it's just a bit quiet at the minute, usually picks up around nowish though.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've put you in the Lifestyle forum, which is more Aus related than a lot of the pish in the Barbie - however its often quiet round here at the weekend.......hang in there!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi dave and Kath,

Ste is a Refrigeration and Air Con mechanic / engineer, we've been here almost two years and we are in FNQ. Any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to pick Ste's brains.

Cheers, Leigh.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 7:40 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

kerrys partner mark here, i wouldn't worry about work we have been here for eight months now, was working in two weeks of landing.

do you want service or install work?..

ac install is mostly domestic, commercial service work is better paid.

licensing is straight forward. most service firms are looking for people in the
run up to summer.

any questions drop us a line
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:38 am
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya All,

Cheer a lot in advance
Dave

(daveandkathh)
Hi Dave
My husband is a refrigeration/aircon engineer. We have applied for our visa and received acknowledgement. Pcc done meds done, but pending more tests.
We are heading for Perth.
Good Luck
sponge
Old Jun 17th 2006, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

martin102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya All,

Cheer a lot in advance
Dave

(daveandkathh)
Hi Dave,

I,m a self employed aircon engineer, We got our visa march this year, Sold the house 2 days ago and are hoping to be in WA August/September time this year

Martin
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kelli28
hi,

kerrys partner mark here, i wouldn't worry about work we have been here for eight months now, was working in two weeks of landing.

do you want service or install work?..

ac install is mostly domestic, commercial service work is better paid.

licensing is straight forward. most service firms are looking for people in the
run up to summer.

any questions drop us a line

Hi Mark,
installation installation installation, that is what I do and enjoy the most. I am limited to the service aspect side, I have plenty of maintenance experience as well, but install. is my forte.
I am just trying to get on the first rung of the ladder to getting employment in QLD. (For a start by this time next year, if not earlier)
All the best
Dave
Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Hi all, my OH is also ref/aircon mechanic. Just wondered for those already out there, what he could expect to earn in this field. He has more experience in commercial installs and maintenance. Is there any way he could apply for his licences before we get out there or would he have to do it after arrival. We are heading for Perth, hopefully by the end of the year (visa approval and house sale permitting )

Cheers, Nicky
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:15 am
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by leechy100
Hi all, my OH is also ref/aircon mechanic. Just wondered for those already out there, what he could expect to earn in this field. He has more experience in commercial installs and maintenance. Is there any way he could apply for his licences before we get out there or would he have to do it after arrival. We are heading for Perth, hopefully by the end of the year (visa approval and house sale permitting )

Cheers, Nicky

Hi Nicky
Funny enough my husband phoned his friend who live in Perth, last weekend to ask the same question.
His friend said that he got it from the TAFE and that we should wait until we got the visa,especially because they cost x amount.But in the meanwhile he would make some enquiries. He recommended we get it before we arrive so that hubby is ready to go. So that must mean it can be obtained b4 you get there.
But if anyone knows any different, please let us know.
sponge
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sponge
Hi Nicky
Funny enough my husband phoned his friend who live in Perth, last weekend to ask the same question.
His friend said that he got it from the TAFE and that we should wait until we got the visa,especially because they cost x amount.But in the meanwhile he would make some enquiries. He recommended we get it before we arrive so that hubby is ready to go. So that must mean it can be obtained b4 you get there.
But if anyone knows any different, please let us know.
sponge

Cheers for that sponge, looks like your in similar situation to us. I take it your husbands friend is in ref/aircon. How does he find the work situation? People keep telling us theres loads of work in this field but doesn't stop the worry!
Where abouts in Perth are you heading for? We will have to meet for a drink or three when we get there, we too are hoping to go around November. Race you there
Nicky x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:38 pm
Perth......at last!

Cheers for that sponge, looks like your in similar situation to us. I take it your husbands friend is in ref/aircon. How does he find the work situation? People keep telling us theres loads of work in this field but doesn't stop the worry!
Where abouts in Perth are you heading for? We will have to meet for a drink or three when we get there, we too are hoping to go around November. Race you there
Nicky x
Hi Nicky
Your on!
Mind you, we still have our meds in mid air so you may just win.We are hoping to go to Ocean Reef.
Yes the friend is in Aircon/Ref. But he has lived there for 10years now and he has his own business. The other friend is also in the same field and he works for someone. Both are happy and have no worries about work. We went over last year and visited one of their bosses and he was more than happy after a chat to say that there was a job waiting out there for my other half. In addition we met one of their friends who is a manager or something and he was equally interested. Seems like they are really crying out for trades out there.So my husband is not concerned in that way.
Hope it is all true.
Are you heading for Perth city?
Good Luck and yes would be great to stay in touch.
sponge
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sponge
Hi Nicky
Your on!
Mind you, we still have our meds in mid air so you may just win.We are hoping to go to Ocean Reef.
Yes the friend is in Aircon/Ref. But he has lived there for 10years now and he has his own business. The other friend is also in the same field and he works for someone. Both are happy and have no worries about work. We went over last year and visited one of their bosses and he was more than happy after a chat to say that there was a job waiting out there for my other half. In addition we met one of their friends who is a manager or something and he was equally interested. Seems like they are really crying out for trades out there.So my husband is not concerned in that way.
Hope it is all true.
Are you heading for Perth city?
Good Luck and yes would be great to stay in touch.
sponge

We too are heading for northern suburbs, can't afford ocean reef though!!! We were hoping to go to woodvale or Edgewater or somewhere similar. We have our meds end of July, but may have probs as youngest son has a hole in his heart, so been gathering reports from his peadiatrician and cardiologist in preparation.
Nicky x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

We too are heading for northern suburbs, can't afford ocean reef though!!! We were hoping to go to woodvale or Edgewater or somewhere similar. We have our meds end of July, but may have probs as youngest son has a hole in his heart, so been gathering reports from his peadiatrician and cardiologist in preparation.
Nicky x

ANY MORE FOR THIS THREAD???? Lets concentrate on the start of the thread eh????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.