Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

References for rentals in OZ

References for rentals in OZ

Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default References for rentals in OZ

What did you guys do? We bought a house 4 years ago and so have no reference which are recent!! Did you get a neighbour to write one? Your mortgage company? I've called the agency we used to rent from 4 years go on the off chance but I can't think where else to get one! lol

What would you advise?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: References for rentals in OZ

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
What did you guys do? We bought a house 4 years ago and so have no reference which are recent!! Did you get a neighbour to write one? Your mortgage company? I've called the agency we used to rent from 4 years go on the off chance but I can't think where else to get one! lol

What would you advise?
We wrote our own and it worked a treat. 2 days in Perth and we had a lovely house!!
Tracie
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We wrote our own and it worked a treat. 2 days in Perth and we had a lovely house!!
Tracie
Do tell tracie cause we will need one as well.
Derek
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
Do tell tracie cause we will need one as well.
Derek
just wrote a brill ref about how we had rented a house from XXXXX for XXX amount of years, always paid the rent on time, dog was very well behaved etc etc. Said we carried out minor repairs and decorations as required and Put it on letter headed paper from work. made sure the contact details were the MILs a just in case. The ref was never checked anyway.
Please dont anyone leacture me on how dis-honest it was but I know we will leave this house even better then we got it we just needed then chance to prove it!
Tracie
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
just wrote a brill ref about how we had rented a house from XXXXX for XXX amount of years, always paid the rent on time, dog was very well behaved etc etc. Said we carried out minor repairs and decorations as required and Put it on letter headed paper from work. made sure the contact details were the MILs a just in case. The ref was never checked anyway.
Please dont anyone leacture me on how dis-honest it was but I know we will leave this house even better then we got it we just needed then chance to prove it!
Tracie
OMG!

LOL

well done!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

You're just as well to write your own if you don't have any ...when we arrived, we struggled to get a rental without two references, even though we had an Aussie bank statement with lots of $$$ and offered to pay a years rent upfront! :scared: Ste had his work references but they wanted a reference for me too! (I must look dodgy or something...) Real estate agents emailed the UK and my last employer faxed them a reference...pedantic is not the word...
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

in the UK, I co-owned a house with my dad.... he wrote a reference for the both of us and the dogs. same as everyone else on here - rent paid on time, no damage etc etc

worked a treat
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Would this do -

Dear Sir,

I am writing this reference on behalf of Mr Ian X.
Mr X has rented a property from HMIS Holdings (Christchurch) Ltd from 12th January 2004 – 8th January 2007

I have no problem in supplying Mr X and family with a reference as he is a first class tenant. He paid his rent on time each month via an automatic bank transfer.
Kept the property in first class condition both inside and out.
Took it upon himself to carry out minor repairs, we reimbursed the cost of any materials.
His two dogs were very well behaved, we found that the property did not have any signs of them being there, however Mr X insisted on cleaning the patio area and garden prior to leaving. He also cleaned all the carpets as this is standard practice for a tenant when vacating a property.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Mr X as a tenant for any rental property in Australia.
I would like to take the opportunity to wish Mr X and his family good luck for the future.

Yours Sincerely

Last edited by Ian & Sharon; Dec 13th 2006 at 11:53 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:40 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mochinbach

What would you advise?
Bank statements - thats all they are interested in
Old Dec 14th 2006, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, mostly definately write your own - a personal statement to attach to your application, stating that you've owned your own home etc. Worked for my mate.
J.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Ian....

my dad's one said

I can confirm that <insert YoSemite's real name here> rented a property from me for six years. During that period her rent was paid on time, and the property was kept in an excellent condition. I allowed her to keep one dog on the property, latterly two. Both animals were well cared for, kept under control and caused no damage.

Yours sincerely

<YoSemite's Dad> (No relation)
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
Bank statements - thats all they are interested in
That's all I needed as well.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isgraham
That's all I needed as well.
Cool so bank statements and parents pretending to be landlords... got it!

Thanks!

Only a week to go!!! :scared:
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:53 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have any references but provided bank statements and also wrote a nice letter saying that we have never rented but owned 2 of our own houses, look after them very well, offered to pay 6 months up front (they didn't take us up on that BTW) etc., etc...

We beat were top of the estate agents list for the rental (it was VERY popular too) so we must have done something right.

Have a good flight!!!

Graham
Old Dec 16th 2006, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northerner
We didn't have any references but provided bank statements and also wrote a nice letter saying that we have never rented but owned 2 of our own houses, look after them very well, offered to pay 6 months up front (they didn't take us up on that BTW) etc., etc...

We beat were top of the estate agents list for the rental (it was VERY popular too) so we must have done something right.

Have a good flight!!!

Graham

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.