Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

reduce car rental excess within oz

reduce car rental excess within oz

Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:43 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default reduce car rental excess within oz

Has anyone used RACV (or state equivalent) car rental insurance excess rather than paying the car hire extra insurance on holiday?

Been quoted $62 for $3000 worth of excess cover for 2 weeks, car rental excess prices are $20 - $25 per day with the hire company.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of them as I have heard negative about individual car hire insurance excess not paying unless 2 cars are involved ie someone damages your rental car in car park and you are left to pay for damage.

Looks good to me, am I being naive?

LJJ
Old Jul 21st 2006, 6:44 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reduce car rental excess within oz

Good question. Anybody out there know?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: reduce car rental excess within oz

Originally Posted by ljj
Has anyone used RACV (or state equivalent) car rental insurance excess rather than paying the car hire extra insurance on holiday?

Been quoted $62 for $3000 worth of excess cover for 2 weeks, car rental excess prices are $20 - $25 per day with the hire company.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of them as I have heard negative about individual car hire insurance excess not paying unless 2 cars are involved ie someone damages your rental car in car park and you are left to pay for damage.

Looks good to me, am I being naive?

LJJ
Hi
Cannot answer your question I'm afraid but if only travelling for a holiday then look at www.insurance4carhire.com
Used them when we validated our visas and when we first returned to live but never had to claim so cannot tell if it was money well spent!
I do know that you would have to pay for the claim on you visa card details left with the hire company and then claim it back from them.
Could be worth giving them a ring.

HTH

MichaelB
Old Jul 21st 2006, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

When I was living in Oz and went on hols to Qld, I got a travel insurance policy that included the car hire excess insurance. Think the whole lot cost about $120 for two weeks. The company was called Suresave - www.suresave.com.au
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 4:13 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi
Cannot answer your question I'm afraid but if only travelling for a holiday then look at www.insurance4carhire.com
Used them when we validated our visas and when we first returned to live but never had to claim so cannot tell if it was money well spent!
I do know that you would have to pay for the claim on you visa card details left with the hire company and then claim it back from them.
Could be worth giving them a ring.

HTH

MichaelB
No we live in Oz! going on holiday to Cairns but hiring car while up there!! sorry to confuse you but thanks anyway! Haven't paid for anything in pounds for 3 years

Weird you can still fly for 3 1/2 hours to go on holiday and don't even leave the country!
LJJ