Reload this Page >

Redirecting post from UK to Oz

Redirecting post from UK to Oz

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

smiths2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Redirecting post from UK to Oz

Hi all

Anyone know what to do if you want your post redirected to Oz (from the UK) and you don't have a permanent address to send it to?

Post box?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Smiths2
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

I know when we were travelling in Oz we paid for a post office facility whih allowed our mail to go to a central office (Sydney for us) and we would call the office when we arrived at a campsite (wherever in Oz) and within a week they had forwarded it to a local post office. I presume you can do a similar thing if you are initially homeless (or could you not find a sympathetic Expats chum to allow you to use their address?
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Redirecting post from UK to Oz

Originally posted by smiths2
Hi all

Anyone know what to do if you want your post redirected to Oz (from the UK) and you don't have a permanent address to send it to?

Post box?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Smiths2
You can get it sent to you c/o 'Poste Restante' at any local post Office, doesnt cost a dickie, 'cept for a stamp
Old Feb 4th 2003, 5:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redirecting post from UK to Oz

Originally posted by smiths2
Hi all

Post box?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Smiths2
Before I asked my friend in Perth to open a PO Box I rang a small post office in Perth and they told me if the mail was addressed to "care of" they would keep it untill we got there and opened a PO Box. There is always Poste Restante too.

I'm still kicking myself for not having opened a PO Box when I was there in August. I obtained documentation for a fishing license but neglected to open a $50 PO box.

It makes me wonder what else I have forgotten........

Oh my God, visas... do we need visas to get in to Oz?
Old Feb 4th 2003, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

We set up redirect to my parents house in uk until we were settled, we took the international redirect form with us and set up the redirection to Aus when we were in a permanent house, meanwhile mum sent all the post she had for us in one big envelope.

Its funny the stuff we get though, now its mainly junk mail, we had some Persil Power liquid sent to us all the way from England!! the new owners of our house in UK are going to get a shock when we cancel it!!

Mandy
Old Feb 4th 2003, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

smiths2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
We set up redirect to my parents house in uk until we were settled, we took the international redirect form with us and set up the redirection to Aus when we were in a permanent house, meanwhile mum sent all the post she had for us in one big envelope.

Its funny the stuff we get though, now its mainly junk mail, we had some Persil Power liquid sent to us all the way from England!! the new owners of our house in UK are going to get a shock when we cancel it!!

Mandy
Thanks Mandy. Sounds like sound advice.

Cheers

Steve