Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redirecting Post to Australia

Redirecting Post to Australia

Old May 26th 2007, 7:38 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Redirecting Post to Australia

I want to get our post redirected to Brisbane before we go but won't have address until we get there and find a long term rental.

Thought about opening a PO Box in Brisbane but I think you have to be in Australia to open one ?

Anybody managed to set up a redirection before they went when they did not have an address in Australia ?
Old May 26th 2007, 7:41 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of
Default Re: Redirecting Post to Australia

Originally Posted by Simba
I want to get our post redirected to Brisbane before we go but won't have address until we get there and find a long term rental.

Thought about opening a PO Box in Brisbane but I think you have to be in Australia to open one ?

Anybody managed to set up a redirection before they went when they did not have an address in Australia ?
We just got it redirected to family and then they sent it to us if necessary. I would imagine that if it possible for the post office to redirect it would cost more?
Old May 26th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Good question.
Old May 26th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

thats something to think about
Old May 26th 2007, 8:31 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I work for Aus Post in admin. I am not 100% sure abou having to have aussie address for PO box but can check for you on Monday.

This link talks about overseas rediredirections OUT of Australia

http://movingservices.com.au/manage_...mail/#overseas

If this is the case, i am certain you can do it the other way round. In fact it might be better to talk to the Royal Mail in UK as they might know the answer and be able to set it up
Old May 26th 2007, 8:56 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I work for Aus Post in admin. I am not 100% sure abou having to have aussie address for PO box but can check for you on Monday.

This link talks about overseas rediredirections OUT of Australia

http://movingservices.com.au/manage_...mail/#overseas

If this is the case, i am certain you can do it the other way round. In fact it might be better to talk to the Royal Mail in UK as they might know the answer and be able to set it up

Thanks, hope you can find out some info on Monday

I would be very surprised if Royal mail could set it up
Old May 26th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

As far as I know you can set you a re-direction which you can change online later (at least that's what I'm hoping to do today!!!). We intend to direct firstly to BIL (UK) and have him send it on, then when we're settled and have a permanent address have it re-directed there. I'm going to the post office later today so I'll come back to this if you like and tell you how I got on!
Old May 26th 2007, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
As far as I know you can set you a re-direction which you can change online later (at least that's what I'm hoping to do today!!!). We intend to direct firstly to BIL (UK) and have him send it on, then when we're settled and have a permanent address have it re-directed there. I'm going to the post office later today so I'll come back to this if you like and tell you how I got on!
yes please let us know what you find out
Old May 26th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I think you may need to pre sign a second form and get BIL to take that to the post office for you once he has entered your Aus address. When we move over I had our post redirected to a friends, the renewal forms that came through only allowed the option of extending the redirection not changing any of the details.
Old May 26th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Diane-Stephen is an unknown quantity at this point

We opened a po box in Uk with a comany called MBE, they held our mail till we emailed them with an address in Oz. It was a bit expensive - don't know whether Royal Mail could do a similar thing.
Old May 26th 2007, 7:46 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know you can set you a re-direction which you can change online later (at least that's what I'm hoping to do today!!!).
You can't do that with Royal Mail (Or rather, you can only do this when you "renew" your re-direction after 3, 6, or 12 months [depending on how long a contract you took out originally]).
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...00008#28400240

We'll set up a one year mail re-direction with Royal Mail giving them "Travellers' Contact Point" (TCP) as our "address": http://www.travellers.com.au/default...=article&ID=99

You can change your address online as often as you like with TCP. So, when we move into our rental and later into our own home, we change our address with TCP.

Hope this helps.

Gina
Old May 26th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

susanf is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned the local PO where we will live in Ozand they said no problem we can set up our redirection to them and anyone of the family as long as we have i.d can pick the post up. and to have the post redirected from uk is about 64 pound for the year

hope this helps
sue
Old May 26th 2007, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You can't do that with Royal Mail (Or rather, you can only do this when you "renew" your re-direction after 3, 6, or 12 months [depending on how long a contract you took out originally]).
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...00008#28400240

We'll set up a one year mail re-direction with Royal Mail giving them "Travellers' Contact Point" (TCP) as our "address": http://www.travellers.com.au/default...=article&ID=99

You can change your address online as often as you like with TCP. So, when we move into our rental and later into our own home, we change our address with TCP.

Hope this helps.

Gina
Originally Posted by susanf
I phoned the local PO where we will live in Ozand they said no problem we can set up our redirection to them and anyone of the family as long as we have i.d can pick the post up. and to have the post redirected from uk is about 64 pound for the year

hope this helps
sue
Thanks to both of you, TCP looks a good option as we don't know where the nearest PO will be.