Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe and Caboolture

Redcliffe and Caboolture

Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default Redcliffe and Caboolture

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone on here either lives or has been to Redcliffe or Caboolture in Queensland? If so i would love to here your views on what the places are like.

Myself and my family are hoping to be in oz in June and will start to look for places to live.

My husband has enrolled onto a course at Nambour tafe and we would ideally like to live in between Nambour and Brisbane.

Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redcliffe and Caboolture

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone on here either lives or has been to Redcliffe or Caboolture in Queensland? If so i would love to here your views on what the places are like.
I've been to both and think they are horrible.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:39 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hi everyone,

Myself and my family are hoping to be in oz in June and will start to look for places to live.

My husband has enrolled onto a course at Nambour tafe and we would ideally like to live in between Nambour and Brisbane.

Thanks
We live in Pine Rivers. ( the areas you are asking about are really SHIRES )

Caboolture is pretty neat, lovely little main town area, great sunday markets, great proximity to highways, and north and beaches.

We are about to move , and will then be in Cabooltureshire, albeit not for long.. as the 3 main councils are merging. This could have and should have a great effect on Caboolture.

Caboolture schools arent very well reviewed, although i dont have personal experience.

The pub in Nambour. is owned by the same fella who runs our Pub , where we live now. Apparently he sells more grog there, but ive never been.

Have you looked at Beachmere, Bellmere, Morayfield, Burpengarry, Narangba etc for alternatives?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

petelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant future

Hi

My family and I live in Caboolture at the moment. We have been in Aus for just over 12 months now. Orignally we lived in Murrumba Downs close to North Lakes and Redcliffe. We have chosen to build in Elimbah which is just outside Caboolture. My reasons for living in/close to Caboolture are I personally prefer north of Brisbane than south as I enjoy going up the sunshine coast etc. Admittedly I have not ventured many places south only to the theme parks etc which for us is enough. I feel Caboolture has good road and rail links to the city as well as further north (Nambour) and they seem to be improving the roads too. There is a shopping centre that caters for everything that we have required so far as well as many big electrical/homeware stores. My kids go to the local High school and both are doing very well. I think with schools alot depends on the kids you have, studious or fun loving, there is good and bad in any school it's just whether your kids get in with the wrong group. There is a private high school here too. I looked at the stats of the local schools of where we were going to live but stats are stats and I'm not sure whether they mean a whole lot. As for junior schools I am unable to help. Our experience here has been better than where we were when we first came over so we are happy.

When we say to people we live in Caboolture we have had funny comments and I think it did have a bad name awhile a go but alot of things have changed and we are happy here. We haven't met many english families and the kids tell me they are the only english at the school.

As for Redcliffe we have been there, they have a nice lagoon for the kids to swim in which is free and they are closer to the sea than Caboolture (we have Bribie Island which is 20 mins away) but I can't say much about anything else.

Like I say I looked for road/rail links and amenities as well as what our idea of Australia was and want we wanted.

Hope I have given you a little idea of Caboolture but ultimately the decision is yours as you know what you are looking for, the best thing to do is come and look around and make your on opinions. Good luck. Pm me if I can help.

Lisa
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:38 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You have most likely only seen a very small part of Redcliffe. Your view would almost certainly be idiosyncratic.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought a 4 bedder with a pool on an acre in a nice road (facer road) for 460k so still some good property deals to be had in caboolture/narangba area
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:43 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Obviously didn't look too closely then! Redcliffe is many things - horrible isn't one of them!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Obviously didn't look too closely then! Redcliffe is many things - horrible isn't one of them!
Opinion asked. Opinion given.

We all know what we like.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Thank you to everyone who replied, your views and opinions are much welcomed.

When we arrive will will go and have a look around both of the mentioned areas and a few others that we've been looking at.

Thanks again,

Lisa
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
We live in Pine Rivers. ( the areas you are asking about are really SHIRES )

Caboolture is pretty neat, lovely little main town area, great sunday markets, great proximity to highways, and north and beaches.

We are about to move , and will then be in Cabooltureshire, albeit not for long.. as the 3 main councils are merging. This could have and should have a great effect on Caboolture.

Caboolture schools arent very well reviewed, although i dont have personal experience.

The pub in Nambour. is owned by the same fella who runs our Pub , where we live now. Apparently he sells more grog there, but ive never been.

Have you looked at Beachmere, Bellmere, Morayfield, Burpengarry, Narangba etc for alternatives?

Hi Timber Floor,

Thanks for the alternatives you've listed, i'm going to start looking at them straight away.

Can i ask why you've decided to move from Nambour, because from what i can remember you were quite happy living there when i submitted a post about areas in Sunshine Coast.

Thanks,

Lisa
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by petelisam
Hi

My family and I live in Caboolture at the moment. We have been in Aus for just over 12 months now. Orignally we lived in Murrumba Downs close to North Lakes and Redcliffe. We have chosen to build in Elimbah which is just outside Caboolture. My reasons for living in/close to Caboolture are I personally prefer north of Brisbane than south as I enjoy going up the sunshine coast etc. Admittedly I have not ventured many places south only to the theme parks etc which for us is enough. I feel Caboolture has good road and rail links to the city as well as further north (Nambour) and they seem to be improving the roads too. There is a shopping centre that caters for everything that we have required so far as well as many big electrical/homeware stores. My kids go to the local High school and both are doing very well. I think with schools alot depends on the kids you have, studious or fun loving, there is good and bad in any school it's just whether your kids get in with the wrong group. There is a private high school here too. I looked at the stats of the local schools of where we were going to live but stats are stats and I'm not sure whether they mean a whole lot. As for junior schools I am unable to help. Our experience here has been better than where we were when we first came over so we are happy.

When we say to people we live in Caboolture we have had funny comments and I think it did have a bad name awhile a go but alot of things have changed and we are happy here. We haven't met many english families and the kids tell me they are the only english at the school.

As for Redcliffe we have been there, they have a nice lagoon for the kids to swim in which is free and they are closer to the sea than Caboolture (we have Bribie Island which is 20 mins away) but I can't say much about anything else.

Like I say I looked for road/rail links and amenities as well as what our idea of Australia was and want we wanted.

Hope I have given you a little idea of Caboolture but ultimately the decision is yours as you know what you are looking for, the best thing to do is come and look around and make your on opinions. Good luck. Pm me if I can help.

Lisa
Thanks for your reply Lisa, it was very informative, and i will do as you say and look at the places when we get there.

It is still nice to hear other peoples opinions and stories, sometimes this can help to make your mind up.

If you think of anything else, please pm me,

Thanks,

Lisa