Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe/Area Fully Furnished Accomodation

Redcliffe/Area Fully Furnished Accomodation

Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:37 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice
Default Redcliffe/Area Fully Furnished Accomodation

Hi,

I know its a question that may be hard to answer, because i have done the searches, and it ain't to easy to find out the availability of properties which come with everything apart from a ready made meal when you move in?

Preferably a curry?

We are moving to the Redcliffe area around July next year, and we want a two bedroom fully furnished house/unit. Just want to move in, maybe buy a few things, but nothing too big that when you move out you cannot put it in the back of the car!

I am having a bit of trouble trying to find anything on the web, nothing really advertised, and if it is fully furnished it ain't telling me?

Do any of you kind people have any ideas, where to look, is there any availability out there, what type of cost, or i am looking for something that just does not exist?

I know i will be paying a little more out every month, but if things do not work out in Redcliffe or Australia after twelve months we have not got to either move all out possessions or worse still bin them or try to sell them, i would much rather rent the furnishings until i feel confident that Australia will offer me a home for the longer term!

Call me a coward, but i am a coward!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:41 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redcliffe/Area Fully Furnished Accomodation

Ask FLUFFYTHECAMPFIRESLAYER

He is in Redcliffe, and should help
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:42 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Ask FLUFFYTHECAMPFIRESLAYER

He is in Redcliffe, and should help

I have already, but just wanted to see if the forum had anything to add?

Good to get a feel from all on here!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
I have already, but just wanted to see if the forum had anything to add?

Good to get a feel from all on here!
what exactly do you want?

rental info?

then click this for rentals

or click this for demographics

or this for council website

or news click this

state high school click this

or a guide and things to do click this

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Nov 20th 2007 at 7:53 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:05 pm
Banned

what exactly do you want?

rental info?

then click this for rentals

or click this for demographics

or this for council website

or news click this

state high school click this

or a guide and things to do click this
Bloody hell, Diamond you are, yes i have done the searches, its just there does not seem to be many or any fully furnished?

When they state un-furnished they mean un-furnished, like bring your own wall paper?

I suppose the ready made meal is out of the question but maybe everything else?

Thanks for the links Timber Floor Au
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:09 pm
Banned

Bloody hell, Diamond you are, yes i have done the searches, its just there does not seem to be many or any fully furnished?

When they state un-furnished they mean un-furnished, like bring your own wall paper?

I suppose the ready made meal is out of the question but maybe everything else?

Thanks for the links Timber Floor Au
Unfurnished is usually the go. But they mean without furniture, lol we dont have wallpaper in oz. ( well ive never seen much of it )

The biggest shock, usually is the cost of a bed, ranging from 500-15k !!!

All other furniture is cheap as, super a mart possibly cheapest. Do a search for SUPER AMART QLD... bugger it here ya go
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:18 pm
Banned

Unfurnished is usually the go. But they mean without furniture, lol we dont have wallpaper in oz. ( well ive never seen much of it )

The biggest shock, usually is the cost of a bed, ranging from 500-15k !!!

All other furniture is cheap as, super a mart possibly cheapest. Do a search for SUPER AMART QLD... bugger it here ya go
Gonna miss the woodchip then, love the woodchip on the walls?

I do not sleep in a bed, hav'nt for a while now, i have a cot, love it, get tucked in every night, get rocked off to sleep, woke up the other morning, my safety pin from my nappy had pierced my left t*sticle, bloody painfull?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:21 pm
Banned

Gonna miss the woodchip then, love the woodchip on the walls?

I do not sleep in a bed, hav'nt for a while now, i have a cot, love it, get tucked in every night, get rocked off to sleep, woke up the other morning, my safety pin from my nappy had pierced my left t*sticle, bloody painfull?
That really is TMI !!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:27 pm
Banned

That really is TMI !!!!!

Sorry
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:07 pm
Banned

Hi,

I know its a question that may be hard to answer, because i have done the searches, and it ain't to easy to find out the availability of properties which come with everything apart from a ready made meal when you move in?

Preferably a curry?

We are moving to the Redcliffe area around July next year, and we want a two bedroom fully furnished house/unit. Just want to move in, maybe buy a few things, but nothing too big that when you move out you cannot put it in the back of the car!

I am having a bit of trouble trying to find anything on the web, nothing really advertised, and if it is fully furnished it ain't telling me?

Do any of you kind people have any ideas, where to look, is there any availability out there, what type of cost, or i am looking for something that just does not exist?

I know i will be paying a little more out every month, but if things do not work out in Redcliffe or Australia after twelve months we have not got to either move all out possessions or worse still bin them or try to sell them, i would much rather rent the furnishings until i feel confident that Australia will offer me a home for the longer term!

Call me a coward, but i am a coward!!

Anyone else in the Redcliffe area? Buy you a beer when i get there!
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else in the Redcliffe area? Buy you a beer when i get there!
Woody Point, thats the trendy bit just down the road. Theres a big pub called the Bellvedere there, have never been in it yet but heard its got good food, or so the neighbours say, its in a great spot right opposite the beach/parks and the new pier development which is underway.

Hey and who said no wallpaper we bought a deceased estate, every room has wallpaper, mostly florals with swirly carpet in matching tones, different in every room too Its worse than anything anyone in UK ever did to a house, next weekend if your driving past and see a gigantic skip full of old florals come in thats us
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Nickc278 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Redcliffe, just up from Suttons Beach.

Dont worry about finding a furnished rental. There are furniture rental companies. I used Academy Appliance Rentals:

http://www.aarental.com.au/

I got the basic 2 bedroom package - 2 queensize beds, 2 sofas, coffee table, TV, washer, dryer, fridge freezer for $80 per week (c £35). They need about a weeks notice to furnish your house or apartment.

Additionally if you are really brave, as one of the other posters said, you can get bargain furniture deals here. Full lounge suites ( 3 seat sofa, 2 seat sofa, coffee tables, lamps, rugs etc etc.) for less than $2,000 and bedroom suites for less than $800.

On the Gympie Road into Chermside you will find Big Brand Outlet (BBO) which sells off seconds and marked furniture from big brands for up to 75% off. I was there last weekend and they had dining room tables with 6 leather seats for $700 and garden chairs and tables for under $200 for the set.

There is also Direct Factory Outlet (DFO) on the Airport road which sells off big brand seconds at 40% discounts.

It's up to you.

personally i got an unfurnished apartment, rented a basic package and am shopping regularly to fill in the gaps.

I can vouch that the Belvedere at Woody point is indeed a nice place to eat and drink.

Message me if you want more information - there are still apartments going in my block.

Nick
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Nickc278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else in the redcliffe area?

Nick
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:37 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nickc278
Anyone else in the redcliffe area?

Nick
Yep
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Woody Point, thats the trendy bit just down the road. Theres a big pub called the Bellvedere there, have never been in it yet but heard its got good food, or so the neighbours say, its in a great spot right opposite the beach/parks and the new pier development which is underway.

Hey and who said no wallpaper we bought a deceased estate, every room has wallpaper, mostly florals with swirly carpet in matching tones, different in every room too Its worse than anything anyone in UK ever did to a house, next weekend if your driving past and see a gigantic skip full of old florals come in thats us
Pubs, bladdy great, was worried that none existed? Redcliffe here we come!

Originally Posted by Nickc278
I'm in Redcliffe, just up from Suttons Beach.

Dont worry about finding a furnished rental. There are furniture rental companies. I used Academy Appliance Rentals:

http://www.aarental.com.au/

I got the basic 2 bedroom package - 2 queensize beds, 2 sofas, coffee table, TV, washer, dryer, fridge freezer for $80 per week (c £35). They need about a weeks notice to furnish your house or apartment.

Additionally if you are really brave, as one of the other posters said, you can get bargain furniture deals here. Full lounge suites ( 3 seat sofa, 2 seat sofa, coffee tables, lamps, rugs etc etc.) for less than $2,000 and bedroom suites for less than $800.

On the Gympie Road into Chermside you will find Big Brand Outlet (BBO) which sells off seconds and marked furniture from big brands for up to 75% off. I was there last weekend and they had dining room tables with 6 leather seats for $700 and garden chairs and tables for under $200 for the set.

There is also Direct Factory Outlet (DFO) on the Airport road which sells off big brand seconds at 40% discounts.

It's up to you.

personally i got an unfurnished apartment, rented a basic package and am shopping regularly to fill in the gaps.

I can vouch that the Belvedere at Woody point is indeed a nice place to eat and drink.

Message me if you want more information - there are still apartments going in my block.

Nick
Hey guys and girls, thanks for the replies, Redcliffe ticks most boxes for us.

I suppose i do not really want to pay out more than $350.00 aweek for a two bedroom place with furniture. So if i am renting all my furniture for $80.00 per week, then that only leaves $270.00 per week to pay out for an unfurnished place, does that sound feasible? I want a two bed unit really near the shops, beach and the pubs

If i can get a furnished pad for $350.00 per week then i will be happy for twelve months until my cowardness settles down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.